‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No Disrespect, 25 Nov. 2002
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
After reading Souljah's other work (The Coldest Winter Ever), I frantically searched for another offering from her. "No Disrespect" made the search very worthwhile. It is an honest and open account of Souljah's life experiences that makes you thankful for the dramas (or lack of) in your own life. Just when you think Souljah has had to deal with enough, she goes on to tell of more that she has dealt with. Reading this book made me realise what kind of person the term 'strong, Black Sista' was coined for. Anyone who thinks they have had hard life-experiences should read this. It is definitely a must-read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 6 Oct. 2005
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
This book was powerful from the beginning I felt that Sista Souljah has set an example, and overcome mant adversities in her life... The promotion of Respect is just what the younger generation need... I feel I connected to this book in many ways its an excellent book...

5.0 out of 5 stars I stole it from a friend and passed it on to others, 22 Feb. 1999
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
Sister Souljah is deep. I'm from Nairobi, Kenya in East Africa and we can relate to what she went through in No Disrespect. I have passed the book on to the rest of my girlfriends and it is changing their lives. Thanks for teaching us that black women are no longer meant to remain barefoot and pregnant. We have exhaled!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way of expression through true Experiences., 29 Jun. 1999
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
Sister Souljah did a great job of expressing her true thought process on paper while undergoing lifes lessons. This is a great book to read regardless of gender. Being a black man in a community of white corporate america, and talking to young minority labours and students, it is important to focus on yourself. Talk to yourself and listen to yourself. Family, friends and loveones will always try and redirect you. Stay strong and focused like Sister Souljah, and your accomplishments will come. It is nice to see a strong black woman deal with it all and still be a strong black woman with morals and most of all self dignity. Stay up and stay strong and keep God in your life regardless of your personal practice.

This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite and Inspiration to the young (old) black community., 7 Nov. 1997
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
I throughly enjoyed this book. It has been quite an inspiration to both my husband and I to learn more about black culture. Although we were raised in the Caribbean we can still identify with the topics covered in this book. I have gleaned quite a number of child raring tips from reading this book. If you have not already done so, please go out and buy yourself a copy of this book and read it immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars A reccommened reader for all women of color., 10 Mar. 1999
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
I read this book and it enlightened me very much. I thank you Sister Souljah for putting into words what I have been unable to say. Sister Souljah writes of her own experiences and at the very least gives advice to young women on how to avoid the pitfalls that will certainly lie ahead of us. Thank you for a wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that needs to be read!, 22 July 2004
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
I received the book yesterday and am still lingering at chapter 3 due to the fruitfulness of the novel. Although I have read her 2nd book, this book is breathtaking in a way that it draws you closer to her as an individual, in comparison to 2nd book although it is another great read. Everytime I come across something intriguing i turn to the front of the book and glimpse at her and wonder how she overcame the distresses in the book. Being a young black girl in london(17yrs)i feel the way in which she promotes the fact that we are being restrained by white people, but then again i feel that some of the accusations thrwn at the whites should not be used as excuses to cover our mess, e.g Nathan claiming racism caused him to be gay. The book on the otherhand helps young black girls as we try to put together the perfect image of a strong black man and the things that keep them strong, and what makes them weak. I like the way she also portrays herself as a very fortnate person who intrigues men in a blazing way. Woman in a whole need to embrace these virtues and become real women in the eyes of men. This book is very educating as well as fun to read, as I read the book I learn more and more about my past and am able to put pieces together. thank you Sister Souljah. YOUR NO.1 FAN FOR LIFE

5.0 out of 5 stars I have so much Respect for No Dis-Respect., 13 Oct. 1998
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
This book was sooooo good, Da Bomb. This was really and unexpected surprise for me. I thought that she would focus more on political issues and our (African-Americans) struggles in Africa. She did focus on those issues, but she brought them to life, with the story of her life. I want her to write another book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Novel / Autobiography, 25 Sept. 2008
This review is from: No Disrespect (Paperback)
This novel is inspirational in all sense of the word. Souljah exposes the heart and mind of most women that i know, including myself. She exposes the deeper thinking behind the situation that is before her. She freely expresses what most women wouldn't dare speak out loud. Its amazingly put together.....the way she talks about relationships is something I believe men and women can both relate to and learn from. I dont want to expose the content...all i can say is READ IT!!! It will captivate you from the first page!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

No Disrespect
No Disrespect by Souljah (Paperback - 1 Jun. 1996)