Zara's Tales: Perilous Escapades in Equatorial Africa
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£17.17+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 22 November 2008
I loved this book. It had a magical feel to it, written by someone who has a unique, organic insight into life in the African bush. I immediately wanted to own Hog Ranch and live there for ever. At the same time his writings and stunning photographs, with their quirky scribblings, tell a heart-wrenching tale of a fabulous wilderness in massive decline.

My only disappointment in the book was that it is so small. It should be published at least 4 times its current size, to get the full enjoyment out of the pictures and illustrations.
on 26 January 2010
I love this book. Peter Beard's adventures in Africa are totally overwhelming. He expresses his leif motive: live the present and be enthusiastic. The way he shows the African reality and his own reflections about the time he spent there makes you see it through his eyes. Great book. Totally worth reading.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I came across this book in a lodge in Namibia when I was on holiday there. It is so beautifully written and illustrated that I knew I had to track down a copy when I got home. This book is one to keep, admire and display and it captures the very essence of Africa in a truly magical way.