4.0 out of 5 stars Complete and well organized "healthy" vacation info, 23 July 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Healthy Escapes: 240 Resorts and Retreats Where You Can Get Fit, Feel Good, Find Yourself and Get Away from it All (Fodor's) (Paperback)
This was my first travel book. I wanted to find a vacation with structured outdoor activities where I could also keep up with my regular workout.
This book provides extensive information about many kinds of resorts and vacation programs. It is indexed by location as well as vacation/program type. It is very easy to compare one place to another. Each was described by a few free form paragraphs, followed by a list of specific info that was provided for every resort. Descriptions of the different programs were very useful. Pricing information seemed to be current (this year) and descriptions accurate when I contacted individual programs.
A minor detail, but this book is paperback, sized 5 by 9 inches. It was easy to carry around while I was deciding.
Some shortcomings are it has no photos - not one. It also doesn't list web sites, which many resorts now have. I used the book in conjunction with what I found on the web, so these inconveniences were minor.
This is a ! reference I will likely use for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can always rely on Fodors..., 28 Dec. 1998
By A Customer
Having traveled around the world for two decades, I always trust Fodor's guides. As the others, this book is highly informative, accurate, and easy to carry and use. I recommended one for my business partner and myself that specialized in stress management. My partner was having anxiety attacks and our heavy work/travel load was stressing to the point that my health suffered. So at this spa recommended in the book, we not only learned how to manage our stress, we picked up a light and sound machine for sleep and creativity and the Neurosync software that is hot in Japanese 'mind spas.' I enjoyed it so much and it was so helpful to my life, I'm looking again at my Fodor's guide to pick my next experience. Yes, buy it and experience it for yourself.