Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 August 2015
Although there is not much more to say, I will still leave my review. (note: I have not finished the book yet)

This book is the "superbible" of C#. Even with the release of C# 6.0, this is what I believe still the best book to date. It is very thorough, and covers every little detail about the language. This raises the question: "is this the book I need?".
I would say yes, if you:
a) love learning/studying
b) want to become an expert in the field
d) need a reference book that you won't read from start to end

If you just want to learn the language and get started practically, I would opt for other options.
I also want to point out that it IS possible for readers without programming background to read this. You just have to dedicate time to it, meaning: Do not skip chapters!

Personally, I will read the entire book, but in time. With its 1700 pages it's not something you finish in a few days. Above that, every page is very dense.

Props to the author for writing this. He clearly knows his stuff and made us very happy :)
on 5 July 2013
I was surprised with the level of detail in C# in this book.
The author definitely knows his stuff and covers almost everything you need to know about the language.
It is contains lots and lots of information so you need time to digest. It is not a book you can read in 2-3 days. However it worth spending lots of time reading it and trying stuff with the compiler on your own.
A truly superb book !
on 13 August 2013
Excellent book, going deep under surface of C# to explain details you normally take for granted. Strongly recommended even if you have read other books on C# / .NET