Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 January 2014
I had been using Ubuntu rather than learning much about it for three years. I decided that I should get a proper understanding of the subject, and after much research and reading R.V. Cadea's review I bought this volume.

The book says that some knowledge of the subject is necessary to be able to understand it, this may be true, but the knowledge required isn't much. As an example the first chapters take you through the installation of the operating system from the supplied disc onto your machine.

I have read other books on Ubuntu, non has taught me so much so easily.
on 10 May 2014
The book arrived promptly and was well packaged. Originally it contained a DVD with the Ubuntu program but that was not included. However it was NOT promised by the seller so no complaints on that score.
on 8 October 2013
you need to keep this on your desktop handy so you can refer to it when needed. Covers all commonly asked questions. Great for newbies to Linux
on 10 August 2013
Great for an insight in to the next gen of Ubuntu Server - a must read to get to grips.