5.0 out of 5 stars Teach Yourself Drupal in 24 hours
Well put together, with enough detail for someone who is keen to extend Drupal beyond its basic functionality. Well set out, as seems usual with Sams books. Would recommend (needs a better proof-reader in its second edition though!)
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by M. Anslow

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for reference, bit dull as a straight thorough read!
I used my christmas holidays teaching myself Drupal and bought this book. Whilst step by step works for some, I found this more useful as a reference when I came across a something I didn't understand.
Published 18 months ago by Coach_Morg

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to Drupal, 16 Sep 2010
Gerard O'Brien "Ger O'Brien" (Midleton, County Cork Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sams Teach Yourself Drupal in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours) (Paperback)
I liked:
- Good general points on planning a Drupal project.
- The chapters follow a nice logical progression.
- Covers Drupal 7.

Disliked:
- The screenshots are too small. Perhaps these could be made available separately online?

A very good introductory text that will get you up to speed quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach Yourself Drupal in 24 hours, 7 Jun 2010
M. Anslow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starting Point, 4 Oct 2013
A. Clark "AdamClark" (UK) - See all my reviews
Really good starting point. Especially good for advising which Drupal modules you need to install in order to get Drupal to actually behave like a Content Management System...

What - You want to edit text in a WYSIWYG? You need a module for Drupal
Oh... you want to be able to upload images? You need an additional module for Drupl
and the list goes on

The only thing I would note for this book is that it seems to have been written around the time that Drupal was going from version 6 to version 7... (a major upgrade!)... Drupal is about to release Version 8... so, it might be worth holding fire and getting an updated book. Because a lot of the modules I just mentioned are likely to be part of the core in Drupal 8.

Anyway, well written (as SAMS usually are!) and was the lever that I needed to up-shift to be able to confidently say we could do Drupal...

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail, 11 May 2013
Gave up and taught myself HTML and CSS instead. Lacks coherence and makes huge leaps between chapters so you can be following step by step one minute and feel you've missed a couple of chapters the next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for reference, bit dull as a straight thorough read!, 11 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard going, 15 Nov 2012
This is a well written and constructed book but it's still hard going and probably because Drupal to a newcomer is about as friendly as a pit bull. My site is built and I've probably only read 50 random pages of this book but googled all over the net for Drupal tutorials. This book will be my Drupal reference but it wasn't the quick start I was hoping for and it's more Drupal 6 than 7 which didn't help at all.

Sams Teach Yourself Drupal in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours)
25.99