4.0 out of 5 stars In a nutshell, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed (Paperback)
Very good book , covers pretty much all 2008 and R2 features in a very readable way. Its a thick book and also contains extras on the included cd which the authers could not fit in. Some of the chapters are a bit thin and possibly dont go into sufficient detail but overall 8/10. I have many IT books but this one is a good read rather than the usual struggle !

5.0 out of 5 stars Bees knees, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed (Paperback)
Great book. Very comprehensive. I have this by my desk in work and dip in and out of it as needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 9 Mar 2011
This review is from: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed (Paperback)
A masterpiece for the person that usualy works as a DBA not at full time. Includes all the major mathers about SQL Server.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed [Paperback], 18 July 2011
This review is from: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed (Paperback)
I received this book together with a DVD in good condition. I have never had any SLQ server background experience before. I want to become a developer and this was the reason that I bought this book. Fortunately I am able to follow the instructions step by step easier, and, occasionally I found it hard to familiarise myself with new terminology. So far I have managed to create a database and am able to manage it. That's as far I got at the moment but I am enjoying teaching myself as I found it easy to use the guide in this book also with the help of the DVD. There are lots to learn and that's my challenge. I'm glad I came across this book. Highly recommendable to anyone who is keen to `dig-in'. A well detailed book! At the end of self-training I'll take an exam with Microsoft as I am training myself to become a developer.
Victoria Lisgarten

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 May 2013
Very prompt delivery of this product. This product was exactly what it was stated to be. Excellent. I highly recommend the service provided.

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed by Alex T. Silverstein (Paperback - 16 Sep 2010)
29.59