Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 February 2009
I just bought that book on the basis of the previous review and I think it needs to be tempered a bit...
Yes, the book is concise and quite clear but it lacks code download.
In several chapters, there are some very longish examples that you are supposed to experiment with yourself. Unfortunately, where it says "just paste the following code", I wish I could!
I went to the book website and downloaded the associated code but it's simply the application sample of the last chapter.
I sent an email to the editor using the email address in the page "We want to hear from you"... and I wish I could hear from them! Five days later and still no answer.
Yes, I think this book could be really good if the code samples (often around 100 lines) were available.
This is not a "finished" work, in my opinion.
I would not recommend buying this book.
on 31 July 2008
Just bought this book to help me out with learning to integrate ajax features into my Asp.Net applications, and I'm flying along. It's clear, concise and above all practical. It's only 392 pages deep, quite slim by computer book standards, but it takes you through all that you need to know to get on with developing with confidence. Try out all the excercises yourself and do the workshops at the end of each chapter and you'll soon be using this powerful web sevice in your applications.I know I am, and it wasn't as difficult to learn as I had anticipated.
This is a first rate introductory book.