Scalable Internet Architectures (Developer's Library)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£28.79+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 10 August 2008
As a software developer, one of my primary concerns is scalability of my applications. This book is perfect for an intermediate to experienced developer seeking a greater awareness and understanding of both the thought and tools to be cognizant of when building applications for the web which need to scale. The author goes on to give sensible, practical examples of software and hardware based approaches to scaling applications, making some important conceptual distinctions along the way.

I found this book an excellent technical read; delivered well considering the potential for ad nauseum of its subject matter.

Highly recommended for the competent web developer and those seeking to improve their awareness of scaling web technologies.
on 17 March 2009
I couldn't put this book down, I'm not one for dry technical authorship, but this book kept an interesting pace with stories and advice. A good read for anyone dealing with building any application that'll need more than one server.
on 20 April 2013
I liked this book, but I have a feeling this book is aimed at people who need to learn about what a scaled architecture is. I work in the technical side of the business and implement a lot of these things daily, so this book is accurate but did not give me any Eureka moments.

That said, I read this book from cover to cover, it is a very - no - Extremely good book in terms of simple to follow and easy to read. The systems mentioned are current (not outdated) and the book covers all areas of scaled architecture.

I recommend this book, especially to anyone who has a rough idea or inkling of what a scaled architecture is, as this book will clarify 100% and fill any gaps.
on 13 November 2011
This is a rare book, written by someone who has obviously learned from the real work what works in theory and what works in practice.
Badly in need of a second edition as the world has moved on since 2006.