on 12 December 2004
As an IT consultant thrown into a new technology a few years ago, ASP.Net Unleashed has been by far the best book for learning topics or fast reference. Its clear no-rambling approach means the skills are explored without the usual personal opinion of the author. Recommended!
on 18 November 2005
I have been a (classic) VBScript ASP developer for a number of years and never fully made the switch to ASP.NET. This book is helping to make the transition a smooth one. It's well written, easy to follow and uses VB rather than C#. Chapter 1 tried to tackle a bit too much but the author pulls it off (just!). I'm also glad the book doesn't concentrate on Visual Studio as, in my opinion, it's important to learn these things from scratch rather than relying on a tool to do the hard work.
on 17 June 2002
Stephen Walther has done it again. His previous book ASP 2.0 Unleashed, which I have read cover to cover, brought me into the web developer game 5 years ago with a solid foundation to begin with and is still sat on my desk as I write this.
And his new book, without a doubt, will do the same for you going into ASP.Net (using VB.Net).
on 22 August 2005
Having worked with asp for the last year i was keen to upgrade my knowledge to the new ASP.Net standard. I have been working freelance for the summer and developed a complicated system using ASP.Net in less than 8 weeks and i can definately say this would not have been possible if it werent for this book, it was a brilliant reference and gave plently of good code examples. Also definately worth the time learning ASP.Net it is a fantastic language with unlimited possibilities.
on 6 January 2004
I have had this book for a few months now and I have found it most useful in helping develop ASP.NET solutions. I feel this is a most useful book to have at one's side. I found the author's writing style to be clear and the text to-gether with the examples have enabled me to proceed to reasonably advanced ASP.NET development without too much pain. I doubt you will regret buying this book as an aid to your work in ASP.NET.
on 14 July 2002
Any one who wants to learn how to develop complex web applications, mobile appications or web services then this is the book for you!! A simple and easy to use book with plenty of examples to help you!! With 1400 pages this book pretty much touches every aspect of the .NET framework and ASP.NET. After reading this you should feel confident in developing complex applications with .NET