Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 September 2007
XML in 10 minutes is actually a collection of 19 chapters designed to be digested in 10 minute slices. I have read the first 6 chapters in around 40 minutes and I now know all I need for the job in hand. I would recommend this book to anyone you needs to get up to speed with XML in a hurry. The book also covers XPath,XLink,CSS,SVG,DOM,SAX and XML SCHEMA
on 25 May 2011
A good introduction to XML. My requirement was to start of with Android programming.

But the prerequisite for jumping into Android programming is basic knowledge of Java, Eclipse and XML.

Out of these I was missing only the XML part and wanted a quick introduction to this.

In 10 minutes was an attractive title for me as I didn't want to spend much time on this topic. All I wanted was a basic understanding, so that I don't get a X(ML) shock when I jump into Android programming.

After giving a brief introduction to XML in chapter 1, Author explains about the structure of XML in Chapter 2. The section about CDATA in chapter 2 has been explained well.

The examples downloaded from the web has got errors and don't tally with the code given by the author in the book. I had to correct this myself and then refresh the XML.

Also all the code in the chapters are NOT given as web download.

The internationalization topic in Lesson 6 has been discussed well. Explanation about XSLT could have been better.

In the first day I read 5 chapters. I was able to complete the whole book within a week. As I had to go through this as a crash
course, my rating is 3 stars.
on 29 October 2009
The book sets out to examine the world of XML in 19 "lessons" which break the subject down into manageable bites; however there is a large amount of referencing chapters which occur later in the book which sometime leads to confusion. On the whole the book is a reasonable starting place for a beginner but if you have encountered XML "in the flesh" it soon becomes obvious that areas it states as being in development are in fact common place coding techniques.
on 9 February 2014
As I expected, It's a good choice to learn about XML and introduce all the principles of this language and technology.
Received during the expected delivery time.
on 25 August 2014
its a good read, if you are new to XML