on 8 December 2001
Ok this book is'nt the worst book I have read BUT it's quite dull. I found it quite hard to get into and the first chapter boring as hell. Day 2 is about drawing lines WOW! then thats it you don't use them again. I felt this book was a bit like copy all this code and then you have a game sure but it did'nt teach an awful lot. If you want to program text rpg's and card games then this a Good book for you but if you want to learn some tech on game dev in VB then your out of luck.In short this book should have been called Simple game programming with VB. I have given it 3 out of 5 because it might help somepeople. :)
on 23 February 2001
Yeah, this book is fine and teaches the reader many interesting details on game programming. It is honest enough to point out the limitations that vb has in terms of game programming.
I had hoped there would be greater content on the use of directx, but overall I was happy with the purchase.
on 26 October 2002
Even though the book does provides very well written source code for games and teaches a limited amount of programing, everything tought in the book could be condensed in about three chapters !!