on 21 March 2002
This book is OK, contains some useful information that isn't badly presented, but having read it, together with a number of other related books (Dave Eberly's excellent book, the OpenGL red book etc), I just can't imagine myself reaching up to take it off my bookshelf in preference to the others.
The explanations in it aren't particularly detailed or well presented, and it has a rather conversational style (i.e. not being consistent in the way that things are referenced) that I found distracting.
Oh, and I nearly had a fit when I read that the book uses a left-handed coordinate system.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 21 October 2000
This book is excellent if you're interested in the area of 3D graphics programming. Although the book mentions C programming on the front cover there is in fact very little code contained within the book as it is mostly theory that could apply to any language.
The theory covers virtually every aspect of programming a 3D engine, including transformations, rasterization, clipping, viewing, modelling, hidden surface removal, lighting, etc. Basically everything you need to program an advanced 3D engine from scratch.
Bang-up-to-date and essential for anyone interested in 3D graphics programming, this will be placed permanently next to your computer in the daytime and next to your bed in the night time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again