on 28 December 2000
I recently started a new job as IT Manager and aware they had MS Exchange 5.5. I didn't have any previous experience in MS Exchange, but understood the principles of sending messages over the internet. I needed to get educated on Exchange Server and fast. I ordered this book and within 1 hour of reading the first few chapters, everything made sense. Having read the whole book I am now thirsty for more. I made an excellent choice as it explained everything in plain english and no nonsense. It told me everything I needed to know to begin with to help me maintain and troubleshoot my 80 client Exchange network. I would even be confident enough to install and set up this product for a company from scratch.
It explains from the very basics of what Exchange is based on, how it is compatible with many other email systems using different 'Connection' types, right down to the installing and configurations, step-by-step. It also has easy to follow instructions with pictures.
If you've never used Exchange Server before, and need to get started. This is definitely the right starting point. However, it is just a starting point, if you were to get involved in the more intricate details of the software you would need to purchase a more indepth book. Like I said, it's for the beginners and newbie's of Exchange Server. It also makes a good reference guide to any Exchange Server administrator.
An top class choice, for a quick fix. A must for any Exchange Server 5.5 Newbie.
on 9 April 2001
I run intensive MS Exchange one-day workshops and hand this book out to everyone at the end. The index is great so referring back to stuff we covered on the day is easy.