Customer Reviews


14 Reviews
5 star:
 (9)
4 star:
 (3)
3 star:
 (2)
2 star:    (0)
1 star:    (0)
 
 
 
 
 
Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review
 
 

The most helpful favourable review
The most helpful critical review


7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Fox Mulder could have written this
An excellent introduction to the subject of UFO's by what better qualified person in the UK. Nick covers the extensive phenomenon comprehensively and in a very readable form. This is the book that started me on the search for more information on the subject. I have gone on to read another ten books so far, including Nick's other excellent book - The Uninvited...
Published on 25 July 1999

versus
3.0 out of 5 stars Good but too short.
Having had the pleasure of listening to Nick Pope on late night radio talk shows I found some of the cases he spoke about really quite fascinating which is why I turned to this book.

However, I have to agree with another reviewer who quite rightly pointed out that there is a distinct lack of substance in this book. Don't get me wrong, this book covers a lot of...
Published on 7 Aug 2012 by Alone Wolf


‹ Previous | 1 2 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

4.0 out of 5 stars Open Skies, Closed Minds, 31 Jan 2013
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Good reading for those who have an 'open mind' to the subject but at times can be quite lengthy with some of the UFO explanations. But it sure makes one wonder which planet some of the debunk 'boffins' come from !
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


5.0 out of 5 stars Open Skies, Closed Minds, by Nick Pope, 22 Oct 2012
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
Was very pleased to find a hardback copy of this book available to buy via Amazon. It should make for a very interesting read. Nick Pope says he was employed as a Debunker and he did find a logical explanation for 95% of alleged UFO sightings, but that leaves 5% which was never explained. The item arrived in good condition within a very reasonable amount of time from first placing order.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


3.0 out of 5 stars Good but too short., 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon (Paperback)
Having had the pleasure of listening to Nick Pope on late night radio talk shows I found some of the cases he spoke about really quite fascinating which is why I turned to this book.

However, I have to agree with another reviewer who quite rightly pointed out that there is a distinct lack of substance in this book. Don't get me wrong, this book covers a lot of different cases/phenomena but Nick, in my opinion, doesn't get his hands dirty enough and flesh out some more detail for the reader.

It seems to me that Nick has more than enough evidence and hearsay to go on that he could have turned this into two (more detailed) books rather than the condensed version we have here.

Still, don't let me put you off too much, if you want a quick, easy conspiracy laden book to read go on ahead as you'll find it here. Just don't expect too much meat on the bones.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


5 of 7 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Devoid of detail, 29 Jan 2003
By 
This review is from: Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon (Paperback)
While Nick Pope manages to cover an impressive amount of UFO territory, from Roswell to Rendlesham and beyond... there is very little genuine information to allow a reader to make anything approaching an informed judgement on any issue. While this is understandable in a book so short with such a wide breadth, I would have much rather seen more detail and less breadth.
The sections regarding the MoD response to the UFO phenomenon are interesting, as are Nick Pope's illustrative points as to why the claim of 'no defence significance' is ludicrious at best and downright negligent at worst.
I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who has any knowledge of the field, but it would make an interesting introduction to the field, particularly considering the authority of the author.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


‹ Previous | 1 2 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

This product

Open Skies, Closed Minds: Official Reactions to the UFO Phenomenon
Used & New from: 0.01
Add to wishlist See buying options
Only search this product's reviews