on 27 April 2008
I wouldn`t say i`m a great fan of jo brand, but this book arrived in the post yesterday morning, i picked it up, opened it, started to read - and then went back to bed with a cup of coffee - and this book. I had to force myself to put it down a couple of hours later, and get up. I finished it last night. It had me laughing out loud, and that`s no easy achievement for a book, i can tell you ! I thought it was hilarious ! As you read, you can hear jo brand in your head, in that couldn`t- care- less-never-changes-tone- droning voice of hers,saying the words. I love how this woman always takes the p... out of herself before she starts on anyone else - and never takes it out of anybody who doesn`t deserve it. I will definately buy another of her books, this cheered me up no end.
Top marks for this one !
on 21 June 2005
This is one of the best books I have ever bought. I have re-read it time and time again (which I never usually do with books) and every time I have ended up with pains in my sides from laughing. I am so sad to see that it's not available to buy new anymore because it is such a loss to members of humanity with a sense of humor. Even if you don't like Jo Brand BUY THIS BOOK, you will not regret it.
Word of caution: not for the faint hearted: you may get a heart attack from laughter!
Far from funny or insightful, you'll only cringe at the attempt. She's good on TV sometimes but it doesn't shine through here at all. Really naff looking font inside, printed in the size you'd expect from a Mills and Boon. Bah.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2015
I read this with an astonished pity. Sexist drivel!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2007
Just as long as she mentions the word "Balls" in a title Jo Brand thinks that's humour. She is an offensive and unfunny read. A complete waste of the paper it's printed on.
44 comments0 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse