5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh anyway..
Published on 27 April 2008 by Leeds lass

Far from funny or insightful, you'll only cringe at the attempt. She's good on TV sometimes but it doesn't shine through here at all. Really naff looking font inside, printed in the size you'd expect from a Mills and Boon. Bah.
Published on 7 May 2011 by The Nags Heads Establishment

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh anyway.., 27 April 2008
This review is from: A Load of Old Balls: Ranking of Men in History (Paperback)
I wouldn`t say i`m a great fan of jo brand, but this book arrived in the post yesterday morning, i picked it up, opened it, started to read - and then went back to bed with a cup of coffee - and this book. I had to force myself to put it down a couple of hours later, and get up. I finished it last night. It had me laughing out loud, and that`s no easy achievement for a book, i can tell you ! I thought it was hilarious ! As you read, you can hear jo brand in your head, in that couldn`t- care- less-never-changes-tone- droning voice of hers,saying the words. I love how this woman always takes the p... out of herself before she starts on anyone else - and never takes it out of anybody who doesn`t deserve it. I will definately buy another of her books, this cheered me up no end.
Top marks for this one !

5.0 out of 5 stars You have got to buy this book!, 21 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: A Load of Old Balls: Ranking of Men in History (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have ever bought. I have re-read it time and time again (which I never usually do with books) and every time I have ended up with pains in my sides from laughing. I am so sad to see that it's not available to buy new anymore because it is such a loss to members of humanity with a sense of humor. Even if you don't like Jo Brand BUY THIS BOOK, you will not regret it.
Word of caution: not for the faint hearted: you may get a heart attack from laughter!

1.0 out of 5 stars Even the publishers couldn't be bothered to spell check this one.., 7 May 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 16 Sep 2007
This review is from: A Load of Old Balls: Ranking of Men in History (Paperback)
Just as long as she mentions the word "Balls" in a title Jo Brand thinks that's humour. She is an offensive and unfunny read. A complete waste of the paper it's printed on.

A Load of Old Balls: Ranking of Men in History
A Load of Old Balls: Ranking of Men in History by Jo Brand (Paperback - 2 Oct 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01