5.0 out of 5 stars A classic. Timeless advice that will ensure success
My boss gave me this book when I hit my first big dip in sales in my current job. It turned my attitude around and lifted me back up (mentally and performance-wise).
Published on 6 Jan 2003 by C. M. Perkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Know your offer, the rest is just common sense .......
This book is full of little dictums and mantras that just might help you to improve your performance. It's an easy read, most of the chapters are only two or three pages long, but:

I disagree that this book is timeless. The book was written in 1947. The first review for it here was written in 1997.

The personal development stuff is all still valid,...
Published on 9 Feb 2008 by Mr. P. Stewkesbury

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic. Timeless advice that will ensure success, 6 Jan 2003
C. M. Perkins (Stirling, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling (Paperback)
Frank Bettger's story is truly inspirational. Even though it was first published in 1947, it's lessons are just as relevant now as they were then. I recommend anyone going through sales training with us - novices and veterans alike - to read this book.
If you're browsing contemporary sales books, you will not get the results you're looking for from any sophisticated approach until you understand and apply the fundamentals suggested by Frank Bettger.
For additional inspiration I also recommend 'The Greatest Salesman in The World' by Og Mandino.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only sales book that I've ever wanted to re-read, 29 Aug 2003
By A Customer
"The only sales book that I've ever wanted to re-read". Doesn't that say it all? I've read many books on sales and tend to end up feeling disappointed when I've finished them. They either try to be inspirational and end up being preachy, or they present methods for increasing sales effectiveness that are difficult to believe in (and therefore implement), or they contain too many different ideas and I end up without any clarity.
What Bettger does here is present a simple autobiographical look at his life in sales that describes his methods, ideas, problems and triumphs in such a way that you can easily extract the fundamentals of his success and feel genuinely enthused enough to finish up wanting to put them into immediate practise!
If, like me, you've read a few sales books already then this one probably won't teach you much that is new, but its style, readability and believable realism had a way of catalysing all the clutter that I carried around in my head into a clear set of tactics that I can actually use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished reading the book for the first time in ONE DAY!, 23 July 2004
For the first time in my entire life I've finshed a book in the same day I've started reading it.
Writen in a simple way, it boosted my confidence, and I'm looking forward to follow the advices given and methodes.
Good buy even if you're not looking for a sales job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a bow Mr. Bettger, 27 Mar 2004
Richard MCGUINNESS "rich_mcg" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
What a great little book! Short on fancy techniques and delivering time after time on the simple, hard facts of what it takes to be a success in sales, this is a great starter book for anyone, whether they be new to the sales game or in need of a mid-slump boost. Boils the basics down to enthusiasm, professionalism, seeing the people and organisation. Well worth reading again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most inspirational business book I have read., 22 Jan 2002
By A Customer
A friend gave me a copy of this book in 1973, and I didn't pick it up to read for the first time until one rainy Sunday afternoon in February of 1977. To my surprise, I couldn't put it down, and I have read it numerous times through the years. I have given out copies of this book as a gift to several of my friends who are in various areas of sales, and everyone of them have told me know how much they enjoyed it. I still pick it up to spot read a particular chapter when I need motivating, and it never fails to pick me up. I regret that I was not fortunate enough to have met this remarkable gentleman during his lifetime. His personal story is truly inspirational. I highly recommend this wonderful book to anyone, whether they are in sales or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars The finest book on selling I've ever read, 20 Feb 1997
By A Customer
As a long time sales trainer, I've had opportunity to teach over 300 salespeople. As a part of that training I regularly use this book. Every person I've ever recommended this book to has stated that it is without a doubt the finest sales book they've ever read.

Bettger's writing style makes the book an easy read, and the information contained in the book is practical and easy to apply. For anyone in the sales profession, or those considering a future career, this book should be a part of your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Changing experience, 13 July 2005
Ken Lowes (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
I first read this book in 1965 and it not only changed my life with its wisdom but by applying Franks philosophy of life it also helped me to become financially independent. To the sophisticated mind of today it seems so basic but in reality its message is timeless. I am only sorry I didn't get to meet the man himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book lifted me out of the ranks of Failure, 4 July 1997
By A Customer
The only one thing, I have to say, is to read Chapter 1 every morning and you'll see a differance in your wallet and in your life.
And, like Mr. Dale Carnegie said "The most helpful and inspiring book on salesmanship that I have ever read."

5.0 out of 5 stars How I raised myself from Failure to Success in Selling, 23 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This is one of very few books that truly makes a difference. It was written many years ago, but the ideas still work. Goodness do they work! I am not in sales, but these ideas are about how to communicate more effectively with other people, not just sales. I would encourage everyone to take a look at this book, try just one of Frank's ideas and see what happens. I hope that it will change your life for the better as it has mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 2 May 2005
I'm currently trying to move into Sales. This book is absolutely brilliant. At times the book can seem dated but the principles are all there. After reading this book I went out on the town like a new man. I've had lots of comments on how much happier I seem and people find me much more approachable. The reason........ this book.
You'll learn that if you act enthusiastic, you will become enthusiastic.
Highly recommended purchase even if you have no intention of moving into Sales.

ARRAY(0xac3658b8)

How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling
How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger (Paperback - 6 Sep 2003)
6.79