5.0 out of 5 stars Self-improvement of ASTOUNDING quality and quantity
An absolutely incredible quantity and quality of self-improvement strategies are packed into this inspirational book! Robbins' intensity and commitment almost physically jump out at the reader, urging you to wake up, take control and massively improve the quality of your life and those around you. I bought this 5 or 6 years ago and continue to dip into it every so often...
Published on 14 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars A STEP ABOVE POSITIVE THINKING
Anthoy Robbins has written a very good book on how to create change rapidly with NAC. It's better than pure positive thinking. I think a lot of the "fat" could have been taken out and the repeated information from Unlimited Power could have been left out. My only major gripe is Robbins constant self promotion and advertising his "Date with Destiny" and...
Published on 10 Jun 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start-to-finish-recreate-your-life and live it, 25 Mar 2001
By A Customer
I bought this book originally in 1992, and even now I believe that the contents still make sound solid sense, for someone who wishes to completely build, or rebuild their life. The ideas of goal setting, reconditioning, and adaption to NLP techniques are outstanding. What sets Anthony Robbin's book apart from the rest of the guru pack is his committment to contribution to others. The principles of linking your personal changes, goals and gains with not just yourself, but others as well, implies a broad minded, loving way of achieving true congruence. Whatever your religion, culture, creed or mindset, this is the one book that you should take with you on holiday at least once a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are reading this you are starting your journey, 1 Jan 2004
Reader (coventry, west mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
At 36 i have plodded along, having some fun along the way, but with no real direction. I lacked confidence and belief in myself, to be able to take action in my life and do things that i feared that i might fail at. In the last 5 years i have galloped at breakneck speed at times in a direction that i feared, but wanted to go, and in the last 3 years i have doubled my income, partly through hard work, but mostly through having the balls to take action. This book and others have been an inspiration, and i use it for an occasional pick me up when i need a reminder. If you are reading this, you are at the beginning of your journey. What have you got to lose? GO FOR IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best books i have read, 30 April 2006
I am much less depressed, no longer on medication, my earnings have substantially increased, bexause I was able to motivate myself to pass professional exams. I am able to motivate myself much more easily by applying the teachings in this book.

I did it by copying out the book, (typing actually,) and doing all the exercises in it. the process took nine months, but was well worth it. the book gives you loads of tools to make your life happier, more motivated and better. I am into Covey now, but that was only because Robbins suggests you read deeply.

In the foreward, Dr Covan, the chief psychologist of Bellevue hospital says, that if more people read the book, and applied its teachings, many of his colleagues would be out of work, i agree with that.

If there is only one book you buy this year buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I turned my life around in less than a week..., 14 Aug 2002
I went from despair at the end of what was the 'relationship of my life' to being positive, motivated, confident and happy in less than a week. I love self-help books, but this one is the best I have ever read and one I will return to time and again. Practical, simple, and genuinely life-changing.
I literally turned my life around and learned to be happy in less than a week.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Make your first decision - buy this book. Then make your next decision - actually read it. Commit to doing the exercises and watch the results with pleasure.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's what you make it, 24 April 2008
You will read a lot of conflicting reviews about this book. Most are good, some are OK and then others claim that Robbins is a con-artist hell bent on brainwashing gullible folks to fleece them of their money by selling some limp 'positive thinking' dream.

The truth with many things is in the eye of the beholder. What it isn't is some 'positive thinking' book designed to make you oblivious to life's difficulties and claiming that life is easy. Life isn't easy. This is why so many of us find it challenging. If you choose to read this book from a point of curiosity, you should find it interesting. If you read it intent on doing the exercises with a view to having the courage to make changes in your life, it can be life transforming; - but you must want it to be. It won't just happen.

Robbins makes the point that everything starts with 'personal power', the ability to take consistent action in the direction of your chosen destination. What holds us back in moving our lives forward is our reluctance to move out of our emotional comfort zones. The key reason for this is fear. As adults, we call it stress or angst or any other number of names but it all comes down to the same thing. We are bothered by what others think and say, we do conform, we are scared of getting rejected or of failing so we opt to stay in unhappy relationships, dead-end jobs, adapt to low earnings and be unhappy in the process and avoid risk.

This book will show you some very powerful strategies in taking control of your thinking and starting to move in the right direction. The earlier chapter on the power of decisions is a must. Robbins makes the point that a true decision means no going back, its not a 'should' or a 'ought' but a true emotional conviction. This book will give you the power to make those decisions and the strategies to manage your emotions in the midst of the emotional discomfort you will experience.

Too many people who have not been content with their lives can testify to this books effectivness. I was someone who faced some major challenges in my life which caused me to retreat into my comfort zone. Doing what I knew I should be doing was avoided and procrastination was the order of the day as far as work was concerned. This book gave me the courage to change and made me realise that any challenges or gain we experience in life requires courage and will make us feel uncomfortable.

Its only by experiencing emotional discomfort that we achieve emotional growth. Yes, it can be scary but its all down to whether you want it or not. If you do, this book will help..

5.0 out of 5 stars Be the cause not the effect ., 8 Jan 2002
Ask yourself, "How would I feel if nothing in my life changed?"
Now ask yourself "What have I done TODAY towards changing it?"
I read this bible of a book more than 5 years ago. The learnings I took from it and resulting experiences are still with me today. This is a book I will read or dip into again and again.
After I first completed this book I made a decision to change my job and a fantastic new job offer followed just weeks later.
I also had another breakthough experience. A colleague began arguing aggressively with me at work one day. Previously I most probably would have fuelled the argument by shouting or behaving agressively too. Instead I felt wonderfully calm and compassionate for my colleague and was able to help her, rather than argue. I felt a huge sense of power and clarity as a result.
You may be considering buying this book and am now thinking "How can I really believe a book can change my life?" You can. YOU can change YOUR life.
Buy this book now. Be prepared to invest your time into reading this book cover to cover and doing the exercises and you will experience the inspiraton and energy to start changing anything you put your mind to.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 29 Jan 2013
Mark Mckaig - See all my reviews
This book starts off really well, with some great advice on motivating yourself, etc, but by halfway I completely lost interest due to the fact he is obviously trying to promote himself and products he wants to sell you. Worth buying as long as you can put up with the sales pitch on a regular basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awaken the Giant Within, 12 Feb 2004
Andrew A. (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Initially I was very sceptical but there are some really great techniques and ideas in this book for harnessing ones mental abilities and finding the inner strength to change for the better. Sometimes it's a bit on the 'evangelical side' but still a good motivator for anyone who feels they just get 'carried along' rather than being in control of their lives. I've only just started to apply these techniques but already I can see a marked improvement. Worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate book for suucess seekers, 17 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Awaken the Giant within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Physical and Emotional Self (Paperback)
I consider this book to be one of the greatest books ever published.The idea of using PAIN&PLEASURE is very well demonstrated in this book.Most of self-help books neglect PAIN and encourge you only to look for the positive.Tony demonstrates how you can use PAIN for your benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars I owe everything I have to Tony Robbins, 21 April 1999
By A Customer
I was so impressed with this book, that I went and purchased EVERY publication that Tony Robbins has published. This book helps you get focused, stay focused, and helps you accomplish any and everything you've every thought possible...and more!!! I've also invested in the 'Personal Power II' CD system, which I also will rate a big "6 Stars" out of 5. Everything that comes from this author is like touching gold!!! I have nothing but recommendations for any of his work! Next on my list to purchase is his 'Power Talk' series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›