5.0 out of 5 stars A "MUST HAVE" for families!!!, 5 Oct. 1998
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
This is an easy-to-follow guide to teaching children basic human/societal values such as honesty, courage, dependability, respect, etc. It encourages you to focus on one value a month - a reasonable pace with our hectic lifestyles. There are general guidelines for each value but then, even more importantly, specific methodologies for age groups from preschool to mid-adolescents. Interspersed are many real-life stories from the authors, who have had plenty of "practice" with their nine children. Some may interpret portions of the book to be "religious" but it is really quite ecumenical. I have gone on from this book to "3 Steps to a Strong Family" to develop a responsibilty/reward system with my children and then to the on-going home program associated with "Teaching Your Children Responsibility". My only beef with the book is that it takes a "Dad is a working dad, mom is a stay-at-home mom" approach which, fortunately, does not interfere with the message or the teaching in the book. If one is concerned about what values our children will take on, this is a book/program whose outcome is worth the time and effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a MUST for every parent!, 25 May 1999
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
We've got a young family, but the topics within the pages of this book are phenominal for all age groups in your family. I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who is interested in teaching their children principles that will last them a lifetime. Making them good citizens in their communities! Hooray for the efforts of this couple. A sister of mine knew them and they are everything in person, behind closed door and in their community as they are in this book. It is nice to see someone REALLY practicing what they preach. Not only will it make you a better parent, but it will also help you become an improved spouse, friend and member of your community!

5.0 out of 5 stars Also useful for non-parents, 30 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.I do not have children of my own yet, but I found this book to be useful and inspiring. Linda and Richard Eyre are the type of parents I hope to be someday, and meanwhile, I intend to do some 'self-parenting' by using this book. I grew up in the 'permissive 70's', and although my parents do have values that I admire, I wish that they had communicated how important these values would be in later life to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy ways to teach your children essential values, 11 Mar. 1999
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
My name is Jonah Eyre. I am the son of the authors of this excellent book and couldn't more highly recommend it. I grew up with these techniques being tested on me and I think that they really work. My parents are my best friends and that is what I think parenting is really about. Teach this stuff to your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book on topics that is easily forgotten about., 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
An excellent book on topics that is easily forgotten about. We are following the recommendation to talk about a value every couple of weeks with our children. I like the approach the book takes to communicate values and the suggested exercises are a good starting point to develop my own ways of communicating values. I find the children are interested in the discussions around values and it is making me aware of my own values.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a GREAT parenting tool!!!, 19 Oct. 1998
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
I highly value this book and feel it's not only been helpful within my own home but also recommend this book to my clients. This book provides very meaningful and memorable ways to interact with and to teach your child. I recommend this book most highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars You must have this book!, 10 Nov. 1998
This review is from: Teaching Children Values (Paperback)
Very applicable, enjoyable, easy to read, helpful, simple and entertaining! Every parent should read this book!

Teaching Children Values
Teaching Children Values by Eyre (Paperback - 1 May 1993)