Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 May 1999
I have long been a Deveraux fan but when i read the inside cover on this book I wasn't expecting much. However, since I have never been disppointed by one of her books before I thought I'd give it a go and I could not have been more thrilled. If you didn't believe in true love before then you will once you've read this. The book follows a New York romance writer through three of her lifetimes and she discovers why it is that she can't fall in love in the twentieth century. The climax (of one of her lives) made me cry out loud and the whole book is written with Jude's characteristic warmth and humour. I can't recommend it enough.
on 27 June 2014
I usually love Jude's novels, but was disappointed with this one. Other reviewers have likened it to Knight in Shining Armour which is one of my favourites, but it falls well short of being anywhere near as good as Knight in Shining Armour. I didn't like the tone at the beginning of the book, and lost interest in the heroine's story half-way through.
on 10 May 2014
I loved this book when it first came out in book form and just had to buy it to have on my kindle. The story is slightly complex and you really get to love the characters and the troubles they get in. Worth trying as once you read Jude's books you are hooked for all time.
on 6 June 2001
Jude has always been able to capture the hearts of all her readers with the story plot and characters and Remembrance is just one of Jude's best books. In this book, she is able to bring the characters alive and in her writings depict a woman just like anyone of us, searching for love. She is able to bring readers to feel for the characters and find a part of themselves in them. Set in both modern and ancient settings, the book promises to bring readers entertainment, delight and relaxation, just like what I got from the book. A definitely good book which is worthy of reading by all who love romance.
on 21 June 2014
A little convoluted and the main character had annoying characteristics that made it hard for me to warm to her. Apart from that I loved the idea behind it and rocked through it at a pace!
on 15 July 1999
The first time I read this book I just could not put it down. It is one of the best books that I have ever read. I love to read and have read thousands of books. If I never beleived in true love, well I do now. I could read this books a millon times and, love it like it was the first time. Thank You Jude for writing such a terrific story. It is one of my very favorites of all time. My other favorite of all time is your book. A knight in shining armor.
on 26 June 2015
First part of the book could have been missed out completely, middle section was good. But I wouldn't recommend this.
on 18 November 2014
even came in hardback! bit but pleasantly surprised
on 9 February 2012
Have bought this book as used but in a very good state. Well when it came it was far from a good state. Pages aged and some even falling out of the book. When I buy a book it still looks like new once I have finished reading it that's why I gave this one a try. But I am so dissapointed that I am not even sure I will read it as the poor state of the book puts me off. It was my first buy of a used book and my last. Will stick to buying new ones even if more expensive.