4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting account of feminism in the 70s., 6 Aug. 2012
HHL Vaudrey "Toastie" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't get what I expected from this book. What I expected was a selfy-helpy book which would help me get off my lazy arse and get my life into gear. What I actually read was was an historical perspective on the hopes and dreams of the early feminist movement between the 1950s and 70s. I'm not exactly when the book was written, but the "common experiences" she shares are of a the childhood expectation of a woman born and raised in the 1950s. It's quite something to read, now we have 62 years on from the early feminism movement. I recommend it, I liked it, great insight into the hopes and dreams of that generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book great service, 2 Jan. 2014
This book is life changing and has led to much further reading. It arrived on time and well packaged. I am very pleased. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars the quality of 'used' books, 30 Dec. 2011
R. Tuck "pc" (UK) - See all my reviews
I have always been very satisfied with the extremely good quality of the 'used' books I have purchased. The prices are always exceptionally low and postage is often free. I have been able to get books and music no longer available through any other retailer.
Amazon is always my first stop (..and usually my last!)

The Cinderella Complex: Women's Hidden Fear of Independence
The Cinderella Complex: Women's Hidden Fear of Independence by Colette Dowling (Paperback - Mar. 1987)
Used & New from: £1.76