5.0 out of 5 stars Weber's Best!, 29 Jan 1999
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
OK, so I am an addict. I've read everything David Weber has written. Hands down, this is his best. The only books I have ever re-read have been Patrick O'Brian's and Weber's. I have probably read The Path of Fury 4 times. It's just that good.
Mystery, space opera, emotion, complex worlds, mythology, awesome character development -- it's all here in an incredible balance.
I have always wondered why Weber has not revisited this character and premise. I can only guess that it might be a little daunting to write a sequel to something this good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Honor!, 19 Jan 1999
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoy the Honor Harrington series, but in this book David Weber goes to a whole new level. The story is enthralling and gathers momentum like a runaway train. The characters -- human, machine, alien, and computer -- are vivid and three-dimensional. You can see infinite possibilities for character development and stories to come, and I hope we'll see them soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Heinlein?, 11 July 2007
M. Porter (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
Just finished this! I've read R. A. Heinlein since I was a boy in the fifties and I continue to re-read all his works. This book is almost, almost, Heinlein at his best - and that in my view is as high a complement as I can give. It was appropriate, I thought, that my copy of Path of Fury had a flyer for Robert A Heinlein's works as an end paper because this book has it's roots fairly and squarely in two of Heinlein's greatest works.
It's clear that David Weber is also a Heinlein fan. The Cadre are clearly trooper derivatives from `Starship Troopers' (the book not the dismal film version) and that Megarea is a combination of Mike from `The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' and the lightship AI from the later stories.
The author has taken these concepts and thrown in an element of Greek Mythology, the Fury Tisiphone, and come up with a fantastically exciting, interesting, and moving story. And a terrific heroine.
I know the this story has been republished with some expansion of aspects of the heroine but, like other reviewers, I do hope that David Weber can see fit to `re-activate' Alicia Devries for future commissions for she is a powerful, enticing, and electric heroine - as are Tisiphone and Megarea!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fast-paced action, 28 May 2004
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
Fast-paced book with excellent ideas, and neat atmosphere. It's very hard to put down once you've started, even though the start is a bit slow. Main character evolves during the book, which is really fascinating and displays Webers strength in keeping a perspective on things. I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes fast-paced hi-tech.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 12 July 1999
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is great. It was the first of his books I read, and I loved it so much, I began reading his others. I definately recommend this book, and all of this others, to everyone who loves SF as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!!!!, 17 April 1999
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read many of David Weber's books, and this one rates as one of my favorites in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complusive Reading, 18 Mar 1999
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
When this book was recommended I had doubts, but almost from the first page I knew this was going to be one of those books you can't put down. I liked the way the characters personalitlies were introduced in portions so that you could develop an understanding of them as you would someone you met in real life. The story unfolded at a good pace, and didn't get caught up on any one aspect. While reading I thought that this book would make a great movie. A wonderful story that I have recommended to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really enjoyable read, 20 Dec 1998
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't say I have read all of webers other novels, but I really enjoyed this one. A uniqe mix of greek legend and space opera. I hope he writes some more like this as I would love to read a sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior action adventure with great humour and pathos, 9 Jan 1998
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
The novel starts slow, but picks up speed like a cruise missile with afterburners.
A very engaging main character who is supported by some strong alter-egos. Unfortunately the secondary characters are thinly drawn and the background is not well fleshed-out. This is a good book for young adults, as there is no sex, and the violence is somewhat clinical. The references to the Greek furies was nicely done.
All that said, I truly enjoyed reading it, and found it a most enjoyable diversion. More would be nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent military science fiction, 9 Feb 1997
This review is from: Path Of The Fury (Mass Market Paperback)
One of the best military science fiction books, by an author
who writes very good mil-sci-fi. The book is also an original
twist on the greek legend of the furies. It's not all coherent
light and hyper velocity weapons, it's also a good story and
look at what obsession with revenge can do to a person.

Path Of The Fury
Path Of The Fury by DAVID WEBER (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Dec 1992)
5.60