5.0 out of 5 stars FULL of feeling
Published on 16 Jun 2005 by A. Steffe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
This book is an excellent read and the author shows fully her indepth understanding of healing the inner-child within and allows you to explore your own inner child and inner adult in many different ways.
Published on 14 July 2010 by S. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL of feeling, 16 Jun 2005
A. Steffe "haraniya" (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
Lucia covers all areas of inner child aspects - the naughty child, the spiritual child, the hurt child, the playful child etc. Each chapter eases you into working with your inner child and the exercises are gentle. I have covered most of this book over the past three years and after working with the exercises, I've always been left with feelings of calmness and a sort of relief, for having released emotions in a peaceful way.
Lucia works with the inner child as a pathway to a better hold of your emotions, better understanding of your psyche and as a way to increase creativity. She does not focus on sexual abuse - this does not make her cold, but simply perhaps not 'qualified' for this sensitive area and therefore correctly doesn't counsel too much on it. Penney Parks and numerous other authors are 'qualified' and have written excellent books on healing a sexually abused inner child. As a survivor myself, I found this book the best introduction to inner child work and still refer back to it.
If you are new to this method of healing and self-improvement, if you wish to improve your life in a caring, comforting and safe way, then this is one of the best books to start with. Inner child work is so rewarding and Lucia is a wonderful guide for your journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly healing book, 4 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend at a time when I was quite low. You can either read it straight through and then go back and do the exercises, or do the work as you go. For me I found it best to read straight through and then go back and do the work. At times because of the emotions that it brought up I had to put it down for a few days, deal with the emotions and then read on. I couldn't believe that here was someone writing about the stuff that I had felt for years and years.
Just reading through was healing but doing the work is an added bonus. I feel that I am so lucky to have a friend that knew of this book and had used ut successfully herself. It was the book that started me on an amazing journey of self discovery and I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in its field, 22 Nov 2002
A. Steffe "haraniya" (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
I bought this book purely on the strength of its reviews, and I was not disappointed!

Lucia writes in a very calming, loving way which helps you through some of the more 'challenging' exercises. This book will make you cry! It breaks through so much pent up pain, aggression, shame, fear. You learn to love your Inner Child with the utmost care and nurturance.

Also, this book helped me stop smoking! There's a section on talking to your body, as you would your Inner Child....and by having a written conversation with my throat and lungs (don't laugh - it's a brilliant exercise!) I lost the need for cigarettes, quick as that. This book can help you heal on so many levels.

This will improve your life so much, you'll wonder why you lasted so long without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Dec 2009
C. Wilson (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend and when I received it I realised why. It takes me on a journey of self discovery as to why I always felt left out of my family, what was missing and the power of just the odd line or paragraph even word reduced me to tears. I was intrigued as to how this could happen so I read the book and am in the process of doing the excercises and I am feeling much more empowered already.
It has made me realise what was missing inside and I am growing in confidence, self esteem and I realise it wasn't my fault I felt the way I did throughout my life (I am a 44 year old female).
Because of the revelations I have accepted the way others were towards me and am concentrating on stopping people pleasing, stopping being co-dependent and just being me, as i am just that, me, a person, not superwoman, not super mum, just me.
This book is changing me in so many ways and it is a book I would recommend to anyone who feels there is something missing inside them (the hole in the soul) and the only way to fill it is to help yourself as i am helping myself
Good luck to everyone who buys this book it is a godsend

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unrivaled Resource, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
I've been working privately with clients for years now and this is the absolute best book for building a much stronger understanding or why we sometimes get stuck. It's my opinion that many of us live lives on the foundation of a childhood that was traumatic and run around as adult children. I resisted the idea of having an inner child for at least 10 years and struggled on with trying to make sense of a world through the eyes of what was a fairly reactive and offensive adolescent ( No offence meant to my adapted child, he was doing his best!). This book outlines a step by step program for reconnecting the pieces of yourself that may have become fragmented and I've never found anything else like it.

This program cuts right through our tendency to rationalise or justify our old behaviors and allows us to establish new ways of being. I had this book on the shelf for two years and then one day, when the muck really hit the fan, I picked it up and plowed through it. It took me two weeks and I've never looked back. I don't recommend many books as they are often just a recycling of stuff we already know, this book however is original, brilliant and top of my list for my trauma clients to read. It has a warmth and compassion that really helps, even the really rough drawings work in such a way as to let our own drawings be permissible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
Everything I had been told about this book is true, fabulous, useful and fun to work through.

Was delighted to have purchased this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good one! Don't miss it., 12 Jun 2012
C. Hewitt (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
One of the most useful tools/approaches I have come across since starting counselling 4 years ago. The encouragement to access the client's inner child by using non-dominant hand drawing is amazingly powerful and un-blocking. I wore out the library copy so decided I wanted my own copy for future reference at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 30 Oct 2009
M. Smith (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
A must for anybody who is on a self discovery journey and / or is at the stage in their life where they are ready to put any childhood issues to bed.

Easy to understand and put into practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
Takes a little longer although received promptly and well within the time limit. Have started looking through the book and it has some interesting concepts.

4.0 out of 5 stars good practical - inner child work is ace, 27 Dec 2011
This review is from: Recovery of Your Inner Child (Paperback)
very practical book not too wordsy which i think is just right for doing self development work - its about doing the work not just reading about it.

the exercises are excellent but do open stuff up and get your emotions going so be ready for it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Recovery of Your Inner Child
Recovery of Your Inner Child by Lucia Capacchione (Paperback - 1 Mar 1991)
Used & New from: 1.75