Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 April 1998
This book is full of great ways to have fun with the English language. I have used it during my teaching practicum to teach my students (grade 8 & 12) basic poetic terms. The games are great fun and a wonderful way to start class everyday! The kids keep asking for more & I don't think there's anything better than that. Lederer spans the language from sound devices, to metaphors, to names, to language logic. It's one book I wouldn't want to teach without!
on 6 January 1999
You don't need to have a sophisticated vocabulary to play these games. It's wonderful with children. We play in the car, at the dinner table, as a homework break. This book goes on vacation with us. I highly recommend it!