on 4 March 1999
Bought this book when it first came out, from the start every recipe was a joy to prepare, to serve, and eat. Even my finicky children love everything we have prepared from this book. There are some wonderfully different, yet simple, recipes. All can be prepared quickly with excellent results. If I was forced to choose only one cookbook to keep, it would be this one. Lali
on 2 November 1998
I cook from this cookbook 2-3 times a week and have not yet hit a recipe that I didn't love. It is the best cookbook in my collection and I'm not even vegetarian! This cookbook has my family eating greens, brown rice and other whole foods and loving it.
on 26 August 1998
I own nearly all of the Moosewood Collective cookbooks, and this is by far my favorite. I use it 2-3 times a week. Most of the recipes use inexpensive ingredients and they are all fast and easy to prepare. A few were too bland for my taste, but on the whole the recipes are a big hit in my home. My two very favorite recipes are "Cajun skillet beans" and "Tortellini Tomato Soup".
on 5 November 1998
I own many cookbooks, but this is the one I use most often. I cannot praise it highly enough.
If you think you don't have time to cook, this book may prove you wrong. Most of the recipes can be prepared easily, from ingredients you probably have in your pantry, in less time than it takes to order a cheese pizza from Dominos.
on 29 June 1999
This is a great source for quick, tasty recipes. The ingredient lists are relatively short and easy, and the dishes are unique and flavorful. The Spicy Corn Quesadillas recipe is particularly good. This book is for the busy cook who loves good food!
on 22 July 1997
I'm a personal Chef. I work part time cooking privately for a Jesuit Community as well as teach Vegetarian Cooking at the New School in NYC. This cookbook, is the wonderful! I literaly have to buy a new copy cause mine is falling apart. The recipes are easy, versatile, well written and varied. The suggestions for menus are helpful. And you dont have to be vegetarian to enjoy this book. The fish recipes are excellent and all the dishes can be used with other meals. I have an extensive library of Vegetarian cookbooks and this one is the one I use. Thanks Moosewood :)
Merrick Dean
on 9 December 1997
I have all the Moosewood books and this one is my hands-down favorite. All the recipes I have tried have been delicious, simple to prepare and the recipes are blessed with the greatest gift of all, short ingredient lists. This is the cookbook I look to first when I want a good meal painlessly.
on 9 July 1998
This is a great book for those trying to cook yummy vegetarian meals while parenting small children. The recipes really are fast while still being interesting.
on 23 April 1998
Delicious! Impress friends with these fast and tasty meals. I'm stuffed full from the curried fried rice (p.226) that I made this evening.
on 21 February 2014
... once for me and once for a friend for Christmas.

Great recipes very clear instructions and most important - TASTY!