5.0 out of 5 stars A joy of a book
Published on 4 Mar 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Thought
Sadly this book, although listed as Creative Gardening, it was in fact Fast and Easy Recipes. The quality of the book was very good and if I find a candidate that would benefit from this title, I would have no hesitation in buying it. Eventually tracked down the correct book via Amazon and my daughter is delighted with it
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Hounditz

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy of a book, 4 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Creative Gardening for the Adventurous Cook (Paperback)
Bought this book when it first came out, from the start every recipe was a joy to prepare, to serve, and eat. Even my finicky children love everything we have prepared from this book. There are some wonderfully different, yet simple, recipes. All can be prepared quickly with excellent results. If I was forced to choose only one cookbook to keep, it would be this one. Lali

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my all-time favorite cookbook!, 2 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I cook from this cookbook 2-3 times a week and have not yet hit a recipe that I didn't love. It is the best cookbook in my collection and I'm not even vegetarian! This cookbook has my family eating greens, brown rice and other whole foods and loving it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite cookbooks!, 26 Aug 1998
By A Customer
I own nearly all of the Moosewood Collective cookbooks, and this is by far my favorite. I use it 2-3 times a week. Most of the recipes use inexpensive ingredients and they are all fast and easy to prepare. A few were too bland for my taste, but on the whole the recipes are a big hit in my home. My two very favorite recipes are "Cajun skillet beans" and "Tortellini Tomato Soup".

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER GLOWING REVIEW!, 5 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I own many cookbooks, but this is the one I use most often. I cannot praise it highly enough.
If you think you don't have time to cook, this book may prove you wrong. Most of the recipes can be prepared easily, from ingredients you probably have in your pantry, in less time than it takes to order a cheese pizza from Dominos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Delicious, 29 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This is a great source for quick, tasty recipes. The ingredient lists are relatively short and easy, and the dishes are unique and flavorful. The Spicy Corn Quesadillas recipe is particularly good. This book is for the busy cook who loves good food!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best, my copy is falling apart, 22 July 1997
By A Customer
I'm a personal Chef. I work part time cooking privately for a Jesuit Community as well as teach Vegetarian Cooking at the New School in NYC. This cookbook, is the wonderful! I literaly have to buy a new copy cause mine is falling apart. The recipes are easy, versatile, well written and varied. The suggestions for menus are helpful. And you dont have to be vegetarian to enjoy this book. The fish recipes are excellent and all the dishes can be used with other meals. I have an extensive library of Vegetarian cookbooks and this one is the one I use. Thanks Moosewood :)
Merrick Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book in the Moosewood Series, 9 Dec 1997
By A Customer
I have all the Moosewood books and this one is my hands-down favorite. All the recipes I have tried have been delicious, simple to prepare and the recipes are blessed with the greatest gift of all, short ingredient lists. This is the cookbook I look to first when I want a good meal painlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for young families, 9 July 1998
By A Customer
This is a great book for those trying to cook yummy vegetarian meals while parenting small children. The recipes really are fast while still being interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars yum!, 23 April 1998
By A Customer
Delicious! Impress friends with these fast and tasty meals. I'm stuffed full from the curried fried rice (p.226) that I made this evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought it twice...., 21 Feb 2014
D. W. Lees "keep music live" (Bromsgrove UK, Austin TX) - See all my reviews
... once for me and once for a friend for Christmas.

Great recipes very clear instructions and most important - TASTY!

Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Creative Gardening for the Adventurous Cook