5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous tarot set ideal for beginners
This tarot set would make an ideal gift for the beginner. The illustrations on the cards are beautiful and the cards are accompanied with a black silk cloth. The cloth has the Celtic cross spread marked on it which will help beginners when they first come to lay out their cards. The book accompanying the set is very interesting and clearly explains the meaning behind each...
Published on 9 July 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Tarot Set Considers Themes From Classical Mythology
This was the 3rd of my 7 (so far) decks.

I bought this deck in the set with the book and 'silky' reading cloth. The illustrations are colorful and competently done. In each suit one myth unfolds in the cards. Cups 'considers' the myth of Eros and Psyche; Wands, Jason and the Golden Fleece; Swords, Orestes and the Curse of the House of Atreus; and Pentacles,...
Published on 12 April 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars Mythic Tarot Workbook Review, 26 Aug 2009
Had previously purchased another workbook in this series and both were excellent, although different from each other - the product allows the information to be easily absorbed through relating each tarot card to a situation in your own life, well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, 24 Feb 2001
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Paperback)
A really lovely set visually, and a very indepth book - it does take a while to read, but they follow a story, and it is very well told. The cards themselves are well illustrated, and this is a good set for beginners, who will value the detailed descriptions of the cards, and experienced, who will like the deeper meanings and explanations. My only gripe was that the cloth was missing from my pack, and I really couldn't be bothered sending it back! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beauty of Greek Mythology, 30 Jun 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot: Book, Cards, and Cloth (Paperback)
I mistyped my own address on the review. Oops.

5.0 out of 5 stars The mythic Tarot, 9 Mar 2005
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Hardcover)
The cards are beautifully illustrated, although a little large. The images are very relevant to their meanings. The celtic cross on the cloth supplied with the set, is set out differently than I had learned.
The book tells the story of the fools journey very well, although I do not always agree with the interprataion of the meanings. All in all a very good start for beginners in tarot.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for spiritual and emotional guidance, 23 April 2002
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Paperback)
Worthwhile for studying tarot whether you are a beginner or an expert. The unique method the authors have of depicting the cards allows for easy interpretations and building familiarity.
The cards are beautifully illustrated and the book is interesting and a perfect guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for people who are captured by authenticity, 28 Dec 2001
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Paperback)
I first dicovered this deck 5 years ago and I have purchased it twice now. It is easy to understand and use the cards and the accompanying book, and the imagery of the card gives you a sense of history. I am drawn to all things of the ancient and this card set is fulling to all of my senses. The cards themselves are easy to handle for small hands, and if you use the extra workbook your readings and enjoyment of the cards is elevated. I believe that this set is a must for beginners and advanced readers due to the easily understood descriptions of the representation of each card and its position. I would never purchase a different set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set..., 19 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Paperback)
The tarot pack of cards are excellent - wonderful designs and great colour. With the cards you also get a cloth to lay your spread on, which is very useful. The book which accompanies this set is very detailed and really explains each card very well, however, this is not very convenient for a quick reading as it takes 10mins to read up on one card! I think the Mythic Tarot WorkBook works best with the cards (which i bought separately).
Excellent set though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mythic Tarot, 21 Dec 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot: Book, Cards, and Cloth (Paperback)
I'd always been interested in tarot reading but had never until I bought this book. It explained the history of the cards and the meaning of them well with much detail. Very easy to understand and apply to your own life immediately. Beautiful deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mythic Tarot Card Deck Only, 11 Nov 2003
Mr. V. Andreas (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Hardcover)
I have brought many tarot cards in the last 4 years of me trying to use the Tarot lol I was about to give up as i find working with the tarot very hard.So i went in amazon and found the Mythic Tarot Deck Only and as soon as i tried ot use them they worked like magic.
So anyone out there who wanted a great pack that dose not through you of balance with the coulurs and want results BUY THIS PACK...
Regards
Vas Andreas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 July 2011
This review is from: The Mythic Tarot (Paperback)
Admittedly I already loved the way that Liz Greene explains the myths and makes them relevant to the challenges of our lives today. I find them very revealing and so to have a tarot book that uses these myths as a story that works through the Major Arcana and the suits work very well for me.

I haven't bought the Mythic deck yet as I can't afford it but I find I manage well with this book using my usual deck.

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the myths and tarot.

The Mythic Tarot: Book, Cards, and Cloth
The Mythic Tarot: Book, Cards, and Cloth by Liz Greene (Paperback - 1 Sep 1987)
Used & New from: 22.58