5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to read and hard to put down!!
This must help everyone who has a habit of going through the stress syndrome. It puts things into perspective and shows that we can definitely improve the quality of our lives by handling things correctly. It is an inspirational book and one that I refer people to and return to myself on many occasions. That must qualify as being the sign of a successful publication!!?!!
Published on 15 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Despatched relatively quickly but defaced inside
The book is great, Ive read it before so I knew the content but the book was defaced and so the condition wasnt good as described. It had a sticker from the previous owner in the front and many. many pages had text underlined and little religious comments written in. It also had a message the the new owner from the original one.
Should have been described as...
Published on 18 Jun. 2013 by Ms. M. Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to read and hard to put down!!, 15 July 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, full of insights for stopping stress and anxiety, 20 Jan. 2012
There are many reasons why I would recommend this book, too many to write here, but I'll try to be brief:

the writer's voice is so friendly and you can't help but feeling you're listening to a close friend giving you advice. The advice he gives is well organized in tiny chapters so you can always find your way around the book easily and look at what bit of advice you think will help you most. Also, each bit is independent, you don't need to take it in order.

The advice is all full of positive thinking, acceptance, tolerance, embracing reality and being proactive, taking initiative and not letting yourself get trapped into vicious circles of negative thinking.

The core lesson of the book is not taking your problems too seriously or blowing them out of proportion. I for one have a tendency to make a mountain out of a molehill, and this booklet helps putting things in perspective and deflating false fears.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Sweat, 31 July 2008
I've owned two copies of this book over the years. The first copy I lent to a friend who in turn lent to a friend and so on. Needless to say that this great little gem of a book never found its way back into my eagerly waiting hands.

I've purchased another copy since then and read chapters from it from time to time. We all tend to stress about the little things in life, and I'm no different. Whenever I find myself getting unduly frustrated or uptight, a read of this book always helps me put things back into perspective.

I'm a firm believer in not sweating the small stuff: Not just the book, but the principal of it. Life's way too brief and fleeting to always be tied up in minor details and insignificant issues. Save it for the big problems, I say.

This is a handy little guidebook that does well to serve as a constant reminder to keep things in perspective. I believe every household should have a copy of a book like Richard Carlson's 'Don't Sweat The Small Stuff".

How To Keep Your Man: And Keep Him For Good

Real Life Dramas - Volume One: 1

Darren G. Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy book - keep it with you (at all times if poss!), 28 April 2013
I first purchased this book about 14 years ago, found it really useful and still remember specific pointers and phrases which have genuinely helped me over the years. However, in a clear-out a few years back, I gave it away. What a fool!

This is a handy size, small enough to take away/out with you (if you want to) and personally, I find this book a fantastic help. I take everything far too seriously and this book "grounds" me. It's written in a light-hearted way and you don't have to read every single chapter to benefit. I thoroughly recommend this book and will be keeping hold of this copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone in the world needs to read this book!! Amazing, 11 Oct. 2013
This book is fantastic - a paperback version of Valium!! I am so relaxed since I have read it and feel so uplifted. It teaches you to look at the problems in life in a different way and has fantastic tips to reduce stress. I have let go of a lot of resentment from my past and feel mentally free, just by reading this book. The book is very easy to read - no long chapters - each section is only a page or two long, making it very easy to read. I have ordered more books in this series - the book is life-changing. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Despatched relatively quickly but defaced inside, 18 Jun. 2013
Ms. M. Murphy (leeds) - See all my reviews
Should have been described as 'defaced' not 'good'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but nothing new, 19 Sept. 2013
This is an ok book, but it took me a bit to go through it as I personally felt it didn't tell me nothing new, wasn't really thought-provoking and I felt it was repetitive.

It's an ok book, but didn't make anything sparkle in me :) Maybe because it was never deep in any of the themes the author sugested.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must read" book, 28 Jun. 2014
excellent self help book for anyone who is a worrier or suffers from anxiety. Small chapters full of easy to understand suggestions and tips. Pity more people don't read it, the world would be a lovely place if more people practiced some of the things in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting book, 16 Aug. 2013
I was so impressed with this book that I sent a copy to my very stressed daughter in law!

Helpful advice and lots of information and I loved that authors style of writing thought he came across as a very kind individual.

5.0 out of 5 stars magsmddu, 10 Feb. 2010
M. Watson (wales) - See all my reviews
what a great little book, I like the fact that all the chapters are bite size, I can pick the book up anytime and read a snippet but also if I want to reread any area its easy to go back an go through it again. I find now that when i have 5 mins I pick the book up and just open it anywhere and have a read. Great advise it all just makes sense.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›