5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read
If you are a huge fan look away this is a "SPOILER ALERT"

As a captain she is superb, this books shakes it up for as the title says she becomes a prisoner of the Peeps. Despite this turn of events the story line keeps its pace and still manages to throw in a story twist or two!

its well worth the read!
Published 1 month ago by jason paul harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars In Enemy Hands - more of the same, but not as good
This was my least favorite of the Honor Harrington series. The characters were even more cardboard in depth than previous novels.

Someone else's review said "everyone that is good is good and everyone that is bad is bad". I agree completely.

Now, I like the Harrington series, but maybe more for the combat scenes than I had realized (which...
Published on 3 Sep 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best!, 30 Oct 1997
By A Customer
I am a real Weber fan, but large parts of this book are somewhat dull. Never thought that I would say that about a Weber book. Large chunks are devoted to convincing you that being the head of a sucessful coup is dangerous and inconvienent, go figure. All is not lost. This book is a modified cliffhanger, and the next one should be great.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a total disappointment, 30 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I love the Honor Harrington Books, but not this book. It realy left a bad taste in my mouth. Only the beginning and the end held anything good in this book. Bad enough that I had to return it so that seeing the book doesn't spoil my love of Honor Harrington.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 8 Jan 1999
By A Customer
A good read if you are already into the series, but not the book to sell you on the series.
The parallels between this series and the Hornblower series are deliberate, although Honor leans more toward the main character of Perils of Pauline than H. Hornblower. But Honor is as tough as sharkskin and as cagey as a Sackett when it comes to taking punishment and maneuvering her opponents into acts that will ruin their day.
David Weber has clearly used the conflicts between England and France in the 18th and 19th centuries as the outline for this series. But that's all right! He does it quite well and the series is internally consistent. Mr. Weber is doing us a great service in continuing this series. We can do no less than buy his books to reward him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honor Harrington is the greatest., 29 May 1998
By A Customer
But the rest of the books is not so hot. The combat scenes are marvelous. If there were ten more of these books out there, I'd read them all in a row to see Harrington put through her paces yet again. I read the Hornblower books as a kid and didn't feel this same pleasure from reading them. I would definitely start from the beginning of the series. These books made me decide to read up on Naval history and tactics (previously I had focused more on military tactics). Happy reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars slow start, great finish, 3 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I just went back and re-read this to refresh my memory befor reading _Echoes of Honor_. I was surprised at how much I had to struggle to get through the first 30% of the book. It picked up steam after that, though. As a Navy brat with two brothers-in-law who are retired Navy fighter pilots, I must say that Weber has his finger on all that is noble, frustrating, and at times appalling about the military. ..bruce..

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Honor, but..., 29 Jun 1998
By A Customer
Yes, I love Honor and I hate to wait for the next episode coming in October. The suspense is killing me. I did visit the Baen homepage and read a bit of the next one. I probably should have waited because now I am really depressed that I hae to wait at least until late in September to read the rest. I do recommend this series as a very good read. Keep a box of tissues handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars great light reading, 21 July 1997
By A Customer
hey, this is really great light reading. Good is good and bad is bad: the good guys on the good side win, the bad guys on the bad side lose, and the good guys on the bad side do the right thing.
I've read all of them, and I'll read the rest. This series is as good (albeit about two levels down) a read as the nautical series by O'Brien.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing Weber !, 3 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: In Enemy Hands (Honorverse) (Mass Market Paperback)
Well, that's not so bad, six good books in a row ! I was wondering when it would start to decline. Weber's books used to be packed with actions or emotions, here we have a lot of unnecessary description of people and places instantly forgotten. I hope the (almost) only good space-opera writer will fight back in his following books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honor Forever!, 29 Aug 1998
By A Customer
Here it is! The next in the exciting Honor Harrington series! Honor's orders take her into an ambush where she is outnumbered, outgunned, and unable to run, she has two options: see the people under her command die in a hopeless battle...or surrender them - and herself - to the Peeps. At least the People's Navy promises to treat their prisoners honorably. Honor finds herself bound for a prison planet aptly named "Hell"...and her scheduled execution. She is put into solitary confinement, separated from her officers and her treecat Nimitz, and subjected to systematic humiliation by her gaolers. Her future has become both bleak and short. Yet bad as things look, they're about to get worse...for the Peeps.
***I believe David Weber may be the master of sci-fi, military, and technical writing!***

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Honor Harrington story!, 15 July 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: In Enemy Hands (Honorverse) (Mass Market Paperback)
In this, the sixth Honor Harrington book, David Weber takes you on a great , sometimes gutwrenching adventure. Honor, now a Commodore in the MSN, is captured and sentenced to death... Honor fans have gotta read this one!! I can't wait to find out what happens next....come on David, write faster!!

In Enemy Hands (Honorverse)
In Enemy Hands (Honorverse) by David Weber (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct 1998)