4.0 out of 5 stars MONKEY BUSINESS!
Bought this for my 8 year old son and pinched it to read myself. Jane reflects on her years and experiences in Gombe over 30 odd years, on the survival problems facing our closest cousins, on how she has helped them and lastly on what we can do about it.
Published on 18 Feb 2004 by Mrs. L. J. Scriven

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, Not the Greatest Though
I have much respect for Jane Goodall, but her writing is not my type. Her personal stories are interesting; yet, the numerous names of the chimps begins to get confussing. I would not read the book again.
Published on 12 Jun 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars MONKEY BUSINESS!, 18 Feb 2004
This review is from: My Life with the Chimpanzees (Paperback)
As you journey along with her there are some stories that nearly made me cry and had a sobering effect on others I have recounted them to.
An enjoyable, exciting read for children - packed with great stories and adventures with an added environmental message. Buy it for your kids but also enjoy it yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific true-life adventure story, 8 Feb 1999
This review is from: My Life with the Chimpanzees (Paperback)
I liked the book because it was an adventure story. In one part, the plane crashed. Jane Goodall, Grub (her son), and Derreck (the pilot) didn't get hurt, but they had to cross a river full of crocodiles! I also like the book because it is about Africa, a continent I only know a little about. Besides the amazing animals, I learned that there are important fossil beds in Africa.
Chimps are a central part of the story. The author does a good job of describing the chimps' habits and behavior. The chimps challenge each other for the alpha position (highest ranked position in the group).
I found Jane Goodall likeable because she has interest in saving an endangered species. She reported that chimps can make tools and use them as well as we can. No one knew that before Jane discovered it. Dr. Goodall is also the leader of a special club dedicated to saving chimpanzess.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the fascinating behavior of animals.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a one-of-a-kind book., 19 Jan 1998
This review is from: My Life with the Chimpanzees (Paperback)
This book tells all about Jane Goodalls hardships in becoming a great studier of Chimpanzees. It is great and everyone should read it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 4 Jun 2014
Excellent book I have read a few books now and they are so fascinating I feel I'm living the experience too utterly amazing thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be in every school library, 7 Sep 2013
M. Hardy "madsadmaud" (Blackpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Life with the Chimpanzees (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book although it is aimed mainly at young people, trying to encourage them to take an interest in animals and conservation. I do hope many young people read this and become inspired by Jane's life and work. It should be in every school library and every biology teacher's lab.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy Read, 4 April 2012
Mrs M A Tilbury (Choppington, Northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It wasn't until I started reading this book that I realised that it had with written with children as it's target audience, I don't recall seeing anything to that effect in the synopsis (although I could be wrong). This didn't stop me reading it though. It gave a very good insight into the early life of Jayne Goodall and her reasons for chosing the career path that she did. It was a very interesting read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book for kids who like animals, 14 Oct 1998
This review is from: My Life with the Chimpanzees (Paperback)
This book would be a good gift book for kids who like animals.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, Not the Greatest Though, 12 Jun 1998

My Life with the Chimpanzees
My Life with the Chimpanzees by Jane Goodall (Paperback - 10 Feb 2007)