4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling
I was very excited when the book arrived. I'm a starcraft man myself and I've read all the starcraft books, so to venture into warcraft was something very new for me. I've played all the warcraft games but I've not really gone into depth with its history.
The book was really easy to read once I got into it. The first few chapters were abit confusing. It really just...
Published on 19 Oct. 2005 by Mr. A. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story, but...
These sort of tie-in books are usually pretty poor, so I wasn't expecting much from this. I read it mainly to get some background information to help me with my WOW roleplaying. Anyway, I found the story as a whole to be very interesting, and it was quite easy to read, too.
The main draw-back was the author, not the story; at times I cringed with the amateurism of...
Published on 22 Aug. 2006 by Couchgrouch

4.0 out of 5 stars I like, but, 28 Jan. 2005
Ash - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series) (Mass Market Paperback)
I happened to see this in the library and having played warcraft and all it's sequels etc I thought I would give it a try, and all-in-all I thought it was quite good. It seems to drag a little in places, but in general the story is easy to follow but offers up some unexpected moments.
I am not completely manic about Warcraft so i don't really know the ins and outs of the story lines but some of the things did seem a bit random, and I would have prefered if the Warcraft books in general had maybe dealt with the initial wars and stuff like that rather then just throwing the reader into the middle of it.
Apart from that minor issue, I liked it. It is quite light and easy which makes it great for a casual read, but I got quite into it and finished it in about 2 days. I also liked the three main characters: Krasus, Rhonin and Vereesa, which is why I was annoyed when it ended in a rather bland and out-of-hand manner, an issue I no longer have as Knaak has continues them in the War of the Ancients subseries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Day of the Dragon, 20 July 2009
Mr. C. Boylan - See all my reviews
375 Pages of High octane, page turning, un-put-downable fun. With so few pages you find yourself wanting more. An absolute must read for anyone who loves WOW, And an incredibly fun read for any purveyor of High Fantasy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warcraft, 5 Dec. 2013
J. Mena - See all my reviews
Warcraft day of the dragon is the first in a series of books, it's so good to see a child read rather than playing an electronic game. He hasn't put this book down since opening the first page.

4.0 out of 5 stars A long-time comming, 6 Jan. 2015
Besides Nguyen a watercraft fanatic. I have wanted to know the lore. This book did not disappoint. it has dragons, orcs, humans, elves and even some goblins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for WOW addicts when off-line!, 11 Aug. 2014
Another WOW book for those who don't get enough online...

Enjoyable hokum if WOW's your thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars for someone who doesn't read..., 18 Mar. 2005
I found this book enlightening and really good to read. considering the only books i have ever read were forced upon me by teachers (canterbury tales etc) and after that point i figured reading was boring but i found reading this book quite good. i'd recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Day of Dragon WOW, 2 Jan. 2010
Friends fan (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bought to read when on holiday (when game play is impossible).
Looks a decent reading book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best wow related novel, 3 Mar. 2010
I'Ve been reading Lord of the Clans, Beyond the Dark Protal, The Rise of the Horde but I must say that The Day of the Dragon is the worse of them. I'm gonna pass the typo mistakes in it and go directly to the storytelling itself which simply didn't work that well. It's thrilling and you want to know what happens but the story unveals in such a way that you aren't bothered after a while of not being told.
Personal opinion but I much rather recommend the other wow-related novels than this one. Enough with the always 'handsome' humans and the 'beautiful' elves already, give us good fights and solid lore.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for players of the game, 3 Dec. 2001
Containing the same sites and geographical towns in the game, players of the game can easily relate to what is goin on in the book. it also contains the same charecters in the game.
i would recommend this book to anyone who played the game, and if you didn't play it buy it anyway.
the story starts with a maverick human magician who is given a chance to get his place with the high magicians and earn their respect by freeing the queen dragon who is trapped by the orcs

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sept. 2014
Lana (ENGLAND, UK) - See all my reviews
Good story, thanks

Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series)
Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series) by Richard A. Knaak (Mass Market Paperback - 3 May 2003)