4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling
I was very excited when the book arrived. I'm a starcraft man myself and I've read all the starcraft books, so to venture into warcraft was something very new for me. I've played all the warcraft games but I've not really gone into depth with its history.
Published on 19 Oct 2005 by Mr. A. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story, but...
These sort of tie-in books are usually pretty poor, so I wasn't expecting much from this. I read it mainly to get some background information to help me with my WOW roleplaying. Anyway, I found the story as a whole to be very interesting, and it was quite easy to read, too.
Published on 22 Aug 2006 by Couchgrouch

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 19 Oct 2005
This review is from: Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series) (Mass Market Paperback)
The book was really easy to read once I got into it. The first few chapters were abit confusing. It really just pushed you into the middle of something that you had no clue about.It reminded my of a shorter Lord of the Rings book, with many similarities between Middle Earth and Azeroth. Everyone has to take inspiration from somewhere though, I'm sure JRR Tolkien took his Middle Earth idea part from somewhere else.
I'm looking forward to reading the War of the Ancient trilogy, when it finally arrives.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Warcraft. Fans will enjoy it from start to finish.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story, but..., 22 Aug 2006
Couchgrouch (Birmingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The main draw-back was the author, not the story; at times I cringed with the amateurism of his writing skills.
There were some really naff things in it: Dwarves lusting after an Elf-maiden; fanatical 2-dimensional human warriors with barely a brain cell between them, and so on. Other than that, I enjoyed it, so I can only hope Mr Knaak (is that his real name?) improves in his other books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Day of the Dragon, 8 Dec 2010
This is a thrilling tale of myth and magic, it tells the story of Rhonin a mage wgo needs to redeem himself. he goes on a quest to khaz modan, a dwarven land held by the feersome orcs. What he finds there is much more than he bargained for, however he is determent to see his missoin done. Richard A. knaak has realy done a spectacular job on this book, it is told in such detail and exitment. you will not regret buying this book, that I can promise you.
However this book might not seem so facinating to those who do not like fantasy books, but I would still recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best wow related novel, 3 Mar 2010
I'Ve been reading Lord of the Clans, Beyond the Dark Protal, The Rise of the Horde but I must say that The Day of the Dragon is the worse of them. I'm gonna pass the typo mistakes in it and go directly to the storytelling itself which simply didn't work that well. It's thrilling and you want to know what happens but the story unveals in such a way that you aren't bothered after a while of not being told.
Personal opinion but I much rather recommend the other wow-related novels than this one. Enough with the always 'handsome' humans and the 'beautiful' elves already, give us good fights and solid lore.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 28 Feb 2014
Not bad book good story a lot lore but there's no real story to why Veressa or Rhonin become close, they just did basically

5.0 out of 5 stars Warcraft, 5 Dec 2013
J. Mena - See all my reviews
Warcraft day of the dragon is the first in a series of books, it's so good to see a child read rather than playing an electronic game. He hasn't put this book down since opening the first page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good read, 13 May 2013
A pretty nice, short read to get you started in the world of Azeroth. Interesting way to go about looking at the relationships between the difference races, especially within the Alliance itself. A bit confusing if you are familiar with the lore (I found it a little difficult to place the novel within the timeline of events that I know about through other readings on the lore) but it all made sense after a short while. Whilst I would definitely recommend and having this is a great item to add to my gaming/fantasy collection, as a general fantasy novel it is rather lacking in any real depth considering the rich history the Warcraft world has to offer, but being a short read this is to be expected I suppose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Day of the Dragon, 5 April 2011
I found the book extremely interesting and i loved every second of reading it, i got it about two weeks ago but i go to university and i havent had the time to finish it yet, i have just reached halfway of the book. Its important to note that i played Warcraft ever since the release therefore it could potentially be the main reason i love this book.

I would probably recommend this to anyone who loves fantasy stories/books and a story with a meaning and unique characters along the way.

PS: Ordered the second book of Warcraft today :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but lacks...something., 9 Feb 2011
A good book full of twists and turns. Filled with helpful information As I play world of warcraft myself I found the imformation helpful for roleplaying.I only wish there were more secrets... Hmmmm But maybe there is... This book connects with the reader at several Times I thought I wouldnt like to be in his place and also That must have hurt truly a good book

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book that compliments the Warcraft game series and WoW nicely!, 5 Jan 2010
Mr. J. Crook (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not much of a reader but have been wanting to get into reading a bit more and thought that being a huge fan of Warcraft II and III and for the past 3 years, World of Warcraft, these books would be a good start.

Now first and foremost, i brought this book in the World of Warcraft Archive book rather than seperately, but obviously the story is the same which I will review.

This book is a fantastic read, really immersive especially in some of the gryphon fights. There are a few good twists and turns along the way and its well written, not like J. R. R. Tolkien but still well written all the same.

The only problem I found is that occasionally the book will switch scenes between characters, one moment your following the main protagonists then your suddenly reading about whats going on somewhere else, which personally got confusing at times.

If your a Warcraft fan, i highly recommend

Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series)
Warcraft: Day of the Dragon No.1 (Warcraft Series) by Richard A. Knaak (Mass Market Paperback - 3 May 2003)
4.79