She

5.0 out of 5 stars My first reading of Williams---A Fresh, Real Voice, 18 Jun 1999
This review is from: She (Paperback)
While not forgetting his ancetors, Saul Williams uses a blues and jazz infused vocal style that touches on the sharp and the smooth of human relationships. This book and CD are simply beautiful, hauntingly so. It is dark, yet able to make its own light in the power struggle of a human life. I applaud his ability to transcend race. Many get so caught up in the past that there simply is no future, but Williams crosses this line and opens up his poetry like a creaking door, behind which, music plays. His topic is love and hate, sex and loneliness, but not your typical angst-filled drivel that so haunts the poetic world today. If I had to compare, I would say Langston Hughes. Quite simply, poetry at its best. Even if poetry leaves you dry, his ability to take poetry back to its oral roots makes music of breaths. Buy this book and CD set. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Williams' most prophetic, lingering work to date., 9 Aug 1999
This review is from: She (Paperback)
Beautiful, harsh and as fluid as is is solid, Saul Williams' "She" stands out as a contemporary poetic masterpiece. The collections' complex emotions and stark observations of everyday-isms are displayed so gracefully, it is a wonder that Saul Williams has not already risen to the top of the poetic heap. A must read for any person with a soul, and a thirst for beauty in the form of the written word.

5.0 out of 5 stars soul controller, 3 Sep 1999
This review is from: She (Paperback)
quik qoute: "I draw a blank, I think it is the best thing I've ever drawn." This book is beyond. Buy this book and buy your best homie a copy and study it. This is poetry at it's soulful and truthful BEST. Truly some next level lyrics, I love it. peace and oh yeah, buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover, 25 Jun 1999
This review is from: She (Paperback)
I have reviewed this book and I have to say that this is a great book even though I don't own my personal copy I going to get a copy. My friends have this book and they all say it fantasic.

She
She by Saul Williams (Paperback - 1 Jun 1999)