on 29 December 2000
Julie Garwood is one of my favorite authors and I eagerly awaited her first book set in modern day. I felt that both Nick and Laurant's characters had HUGE potential, but ms Garwood didn't seem to develop them. The same about the plot. I feel that Ms Garwood kept getting bogged down with minor details and the larger story was lost. I don't see HOW Nick and Laurant fell in love! All their contact seemed so cold and distant........and only ONE sex scene!!! Although I must say that if Ms Garwood is thinking of making another story in modern day times......the character of Noah has tremendous potential!!
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2000
I was disappointed with this book not up to the usual standard, I was looking for the humour that Julie garwood puts into her stories and there was very little, the love story was average, Ransom was a huge letdown.
on 30 August 2005
This is the book that introduced me to the joy that is Julie Garwood, for that reason I will love it forever.
Since then I have been on a mission to collect all of her books...I have 10 already and was only introduced to her by a lucky find in my local library around 9 months ago. Every book of hers I have read has been fantastic..but none of them have beaten this book for me. It still remains my favorite book, not only by Julie Garwood, but by any author.
If you haven't read this book yet-I beg you..get a copy and just read and enjoy!
Amazing storyline, fantastic characters, fab secondary characters (I don't know of another author who develops her secondary characters as well)...of course romance..theres nothing this book doesn't have.
In my eyes this is the perfect book.
0Comment2 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse