5.0 out of 5 stars truly inspirational
Published on 27 Oct 2001 by fallenangel2321@yahoo.com

3.0 out of 5 stars We've got hours and hours of this mans poetry to listen to -
Do we really need to read his private thoughts in the guise of these juvenile scribblings? For sure 'Pac was truly a great poet, read his lyrics and remain unmoved, (I don't know anyone who ever has.) But these are just too private, from someone too young, we have all written stuff like this at some stage, is it right that a man so talented with a gift for real poetry,...
Published on 21 Jun 2000 by stevedee@lineone.net

5.0 out of 5 stars truly inspirational, 27 Oct 2001
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
I would reccomend this book to both Tupac fans and critics alike. It portrays with searing honesty the man behind the music, revealing Tupac's innermost thoughts and feelings. The poems are incredibly touching and thought-provoking, and the inclusion of the handwritten copies is a nice touch. Every single poem in this collection managed to inspire me and helped me to appreciate another side to Tupac other than the "Gangsta Rappa" he was famed for being. Please read this book - I guarantee you will be able to relate to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The understanding of his life, 20 July 2000
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
this book contains his poetry which he wrote at about the age of 19. His poems touch my heart and made it easier to unstand what type of life he lead. His poems talk about leading a hard life and waiting for something to change it. This came true. If you enjoy deep poetry this is a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TALENT ON A GREAT BOOK, 13 July 2003
I am a Very Big fan of Tupac, I never read a Book like this Before, I felt the words that Pac wrote deep in my heart, He Talks about the hard side of life, about love, Freedom....
Very Recomended Book for everyone , not necessary 4 a tupac`s fan.
Highly Recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 July 2009
J. Cohen - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
This book clearly shows the marvel that Tupac was with his words, it is no wonder he is recognised by most as the greatest rapper ever.

I feel his music is better though as I feel it was packed with much more raw emotion ie anger and bitterness from being shot, being suicidle ect

However suprisingly some of his poems where really beautiful (his love poems amazing and so heartfelt) and its great to see another side of Tupac, whilst he does what he does best; writes (whether poetry or rap)

This book clerely cements Tupac as a poet (from his poetry to his rap) and shows the marvel he was with his manipulation of words and the pentamenter to create impact and effect. A must read for Tupac lovers and poetry lovers, and a great read for anyone.

I really enjoyed the begining where his mother commented on Tupac and his work, same with the person who first inspired him to write, almost lets us see into the mind of the greatest writer since the Romanticism Era.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book, 10 May 2012
nice to see the poems that were written purely from the heart of tupac and in his own writing. every poem has a great message and shows his intelligence. great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspiration and Thug Sentiment, 20 Oct 2011
This book has some truly amazing poems in it which inspired me to start writing myself. Tupac really had a big heart and this book proves that; through reading this selection you can gather an understanding of who Tupac was before he was famous and dilemmas and emotions that he felt. This should brought and read by all Tupac fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that shows another side of Tupac Shakur, 19 Jun 2001
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
When I read some poems for the first time I really have to say that i didn`t like it. But when I finally read all the poems, for me, this poems were the greatest I have ever read. These Poems are wrote with heart and spirit and they shows Tupac in a way which I never believed. My fave is the poem "For Ms. Hawkins". I can only say: This book is a mirror into his life end his many contradictions and i really don`t say that only because I am a huge Fan of him.This book inspirated me to write my thoughts down. Since I do that, I feel real good. I hope I was able to show you that this book is great. Love and peace, Michaela

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK NOW!, 24 Nov 2003
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
I've never read such beautiful and amazing words. This book shows a true and deep insite into the mind of Tupac Shakur.He manages to sum up all aspects of his life in touching poems.These poems touched my heart and they'll touch yours too.
BUY THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tupac was the rose that grew from concrete!!!, 9 Nov 2001
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
Reading the poetry of mr Tupac Shakur is touching to even those that are unable to find any feeling for his music. It is like reading a diary, his feelings, his thaughts and his visions are all displayed in this fantastic book of poetry. Even if you hate his music (i can not imagine a person that wouldn't like his music), i urge you to buy this book, i would also urge you to watch one of his videos (not a movie) this will give you an idea of what type of person he was. He was a kind man, please buy the book, if you don't it will be a shame. There is not much text but it is his doodling and pictures that are the most touching, ciao, Gina
Stay happy, stay hip hop

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Oct 2003
This review is from: The Rose That Grew from Concrete (Hardcover)
Well I ordered this book and i was desperate to read it when it arrived i have now read it and i have to say this is a great view into 2pacs world what a tremendous rapper and a tremendous poet those who think tupac is a thug and think that his music and poetry is rubbish buy this book it will open your eyes to the world of 2pac A Life cut short a life well missed

The Rose That Grew from Concrete
The Rose That Grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur (Hardcover - 20 Oct 2003)
Used & New from: £6.86