4.0 out of 5 stars READ IT!!!!, 2 Mar 2006
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
Say what you will of Seven being an over-used character, I think she's fab & definately my favourite member of the crew. Although I've watched Voyager faithfully from the start, this is the first novel I've read in the series & it's definately compelled me to 'backlog' & read the others - particularly those written by the wonderfully talented Golden. She captures Seven (& the rest of the crew - it's not just a Seven showcase) perfectly, incorporating lovely character development without contradicting the direction of the show. I couldn't put it down, & if you haven't read this - or other books by Golden - you must! You must!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely well done Voyager book!, 16 Aug 2003
K. Wyatt "ssintrepid" (Cape Girardeau, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
When Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan) joined the cast of Voyager I thought she was a great addition to the show. Not unlike other people though, I felt she was way over used to the detriment of the other characters and their development. So it was with this trepidation that I approached this book. However, knowing the quality of Christie Golden's past works I jumped right into the book.
What a wonderful surprise, Seven on Nine is an absolutely brilliant book with a great plot line and really good villains. In my opinion, past trek books with insectoid species were not done very well. In this the author uses an insectoid species and does it very well. Without giving too much away, let's just say that Seven of Nine is an absolutely great story that is hard to put down. If you've not read it yet, you need to. Unfortunately it appears to be out of publication already. It's definitely worth a little extra money to order this one through [other sources]! Thank you to the author for this one. {ssintrepid}

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprise that its good really...., 24 Jan 2000
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
Christie Golden is one of those regular writers that the Star Trek editors should lock in a room with a computer and the official encyclopedia! Yet again she spins a superb yarn. Despite the titular character being to the fore the other cast members are not ignored. The plot is not too thin, not too dense and moves along quite nicely. Excellent development is made of the new Seven of Nine character. I just hope it isn't horribly contradicted in the show a problem that sometimes occurs in other such books (perhaps Mosaic and Pathways?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, fabulous, compelling!, 25 July 1999
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
In the sixteenth novel in the series, Seven of Nine finally gets her own story. When a group of telepathic aliens come aboard "Voyager", they begin to distract the crew for their own evil purposes. Seven of Nine, a former member of the Borg Collective, must also be distracted but as the species have a grudge against the Borg they make it unpleasant for her. They tap into her subconscious and make her relive the lives of all those she has assimilated, learning what it was like from their point of view. And all the time she sees the birds, the black birds, trying to tell her something. What does it all mean? This book is very well written, completely flawless (nitpickers will not be able to find anything wrong with it!) and if you're a fan of the show it is definitely one to read. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great.... READ IT, 30 Jun 1999
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
This is a great book to own if you are a "Voyager" fan. It gives you an insight into Seven Of Nine and what her life is like and WAS like. And it has a compelling storyline to match it's brillience. I found it rather boring after the first few chapters but once I got into it I found that it was great and I always felt that I just HAD to read it. I hope you feel the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 22 Jun 1999
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
I loved this book. The cover could practically be a photograph (If it is really a photograph feel free to laugh) and the storyline was fantastic. It took me two days to read this book, juggled around school, and of course eating, because I couldn't put it down. I loved the idea of Seven experiencing the memories of her "victims", and I thought it was great when an episode followed this idea. Best book, and one of the best episodes ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley amazing., 24 Feb 1999
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
I've just finished reading this book and I thimk it's wonderful, I complement Christie Golden on a job well done. I'm a big Voyager fan and have got all the books. I think this is by far the best I've read out of the numbered collection, and that she is one of the best authors. I urge Christie to write more wonderful books as I need some new reading material.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read., 20 May 2001
This review is from: Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) (Paperback)
this story is based upon my fave charecter and i looked forward to reading it. i was scared that it wouldnt truly capture the charecters personality but it did. i loved it and i now think that there should be a Seven on Nine series of books . if your a seven fan read it, if not then give it a glance.

Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager)
Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) by Christie Golden (Paperback - 7 Sep 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01