5.0 out of 5 stars A book that can't be ignored!!!
Published on 8 Jan. 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars More fool them!
Published on 19 Sept. 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that can't be ignored!!!, 8 Jan. 2001
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
I have read some of Freda Warrington's other books and thought I'd read this book. I'm not really a fan of fantasy and wasn't sure if I would like the book, but to my surprise I couldn't put it down!! The way she describes certain characters, and makes you wonder if you know everything about them is reveilled in the second book. I just find that an amazing talent, that she can put into the readers head that the chacter's not quite ready to trust. That there is something in their past you don't know!! I'd recomend this book to anyone, even if you're not fond of fantasy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best., 19 Jun. 2000
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
The storyline of "The Amber Citadel" is good, and it did keep me wanting to read more, but I felt it focused too much on the personal relationships of the characters than the actual plot. This is sort of explained in book two, which I have just finished reading. Since I have read book two and am waiting for the third book, you can tell it still gripped me, so don't think that I didn't like it. If Ms Warrington paid a little more attention to the events and made things like the battle more momentous, it would be better, but that's really the only improvement I can think to make on it. Having said all that, BUY THIS BOOK. Trust me, it's good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Highyl recommended., 27 May 1999
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
This is one of the best Fantasy books I've read for some time. The author has a natural easy style, the characters are believable and the dialoge is well written. It's been a while since I've not been able to put a book down, but this one was it!. Also, it was a refreshing change to enter a fantasy world where women are not the underdogs or just sexual objects. This had an even-handed style. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, Imaginative, compelling and sometimes very dark ... what an achievement., 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
This was the first fantasy novel I have ever read and I loved it. I was surprised by the depth of character development and the emphasis based on the relationships between the characters. Such an imagination .... this was a great introduction to the genre and I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent novel, 20 April 1999
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
This is a truly delightful novel! Ms Warrington has an exceptional talent. I read on average three to four books a week and so, I feel I am very qualified to say that it is one of the best fantasy novels that has been released for some time. The characters and imagery were vivid and the plot was truly enthralling. I recommned this book to all fans of fantasy novels. A stunning combination of magic, undying devotion, suspense, mystery and a healthy dose of lust to spice it up! The tist at the end is very clever and I can't wait for the sequel.

1.0 out of 5 stars More fool them!, 19 Sept. 2000
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
I followed one of those Amazon links, Customers who bought this book also bought ... Amber Citadel. I wonder if they were as disenchanted as I was. Another fantastic world - good - full of totally lame characters - bad- interacting in completely unbelievable ways - worse - who all spoke like teenagers from a good school ( except the Baddies: with names like Facilitor they spoke more like members of the teaching staff ) - worst. How do mere peasants get to hob-nob with lords, and marry royalty? Unconvincing and ultimately irritating.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is undoubtedly the best book I�ve ever read, 9 Aug. 1999
This review is from: The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
This book has everything a reader could possibly expect from an author. I particularly love the descriptive writing of Ms Warrington. She manages to capture texture and light, and her pure style of writing is something to aspire to. The characters are very strong, including the girls. The Aelyr are truly intriguing. This book became an obsession whilst I was reading it and I am looking forward to book 2. Please hurry!

The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1)
The Amber Citadel (Jewelfire Trilogy 1) by Freda Warrington (Paperback - 1 Mar. 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01