4.0 out of 5 stars Shame it was never made into an episode!, 14 Feb 2000
This review is from: Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager) (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read several Star Trek novels and this has to be one of my favourite so far. It is well written, very descriptive and sensitive to the characters. It is also full of references to incidents from the TV series which makes it very believable! It would have been great to see it as an episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, I look forward to more., 2 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager) (Mass Market Paperback)
A wonderful book, I think Christie Golen is a fabulous authour, I've also read her other voyager books 'The Murdered Sun' and 'Seven of Nine', and find them as captivating as this one. It is a very imaginative story, although I did wonder how Neelix could communicate with the rest of the away team on the planet. But, this minor thing didn't inhibit my enjoyment of the book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best VOY books out there, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager) (Mass Market Paperback)
I just read this for the third time the other day, because it was raining and well...it's a great Voyager book. The thing that makes this book so great to me is that Christie Golden actually made me like Kes. Yes, that's right. I'm not really a Kes fan. Most of the episodes with lots of Kes never really appealed to me, but this book managed to do the impossible - for me. And of course, going beyond Kes, all the other characters (especially Janeway) were excellently portrayed throughout this interesting story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy Voyager novel, 12 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager) (Mass Market Paperback)
I would like to say how much I enjoyed reading Christie Golden's novel 'Marooned' from the Star Trek: Voyager series.
Apart from the the prologue and the first chapter, I read the whole the novel in a oner; I mean to say that I couldn't put it down. I even found myself taking it to the bathroom!
I am far from being Trekkie, by today's standards, but it was nice to see that there is still a writer out there that can encapsulate that feeling I used to get watching The Original Series.
The story line and subtext had that true moralistic feeling that I have come to miss with the newer incarnations of Star Trek. At times, I felt myself replacing Janeway's name with that of Kirk and slipping back to the dry humour of Bones when the scene switched to Neelix's plight to save Kes.
I hope that someday soon Christie will turn her pen to the voyages of the original crew and write them an adventure, worthy of those we came to expect from the much loved TV episodes of the Sixties.

Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager)
Marooned (Star Trek: Voyager) by Christie Golden (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Dec 1997)
Used & New from: 0.01