5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner for Jude Deveraux, 6 Aug 2002
Mrs. J. W. Long "jwljwl" (Aldworth, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mulberry Tree (Hardcover)
This book is another winner for Jude Deveraux, she like Nora Roberts and Judith McNaught, continues to constantly write very readable stories that you can re-read any number of times and still enjoy them.
Bailey (the main character in this book) is an even better character than Temperance O'neil was in her last book 'Temptations'and I thought she was great feisty, funny etc.
How Bailey (who starts the book as Lillian) unravels the mystery of why Jimmy her late husband only leaves her a tumbledown farmhouse instead of his billions is riveting, and how she uses her homemaking skill to make her way in the world alone for the first time having been protected for most of her life by Jimmy is heartwarming and very funny. All the characters who befriend her along the way are people we would all like to meet and get to know, well perhaps not all of them, but most of them!
This book was one that once I had started reading couldn't put down until it was finished and then I was sad it was all over.
My Mum is reading it now, but once I get it back I will read it again straight away. This is no something I usually do, I normally wait 6 months before re-reading, apart from A Knight in Shining Armour that is, but its that good I can't recommend it too strongly. Keep up the good work Jude we have a long winter ahead of us and we need plenty of reading, as the T.V. programmes leave much to be desired these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Romance but Women's Fiction, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Paperback)
Jude Deveraux is one of my favourite romance writers. However, as much as I liked The Mulberry Tree, it wasn't really a romance. This is the tale of a woman who finds herself after the death of her first husband, the love of her life. The story revolves around his will and what repercussions it has on Lillian. There's a mystery in Jimmy's past and she must solve it. The story shifts pov in chapters between first person and third. Lillian's first person voice is mature and at times distant. It adds to the mystery for me. The hero, Matt is shadowy but we're happy to know love will blossom. The story is about the journey of Lillian from cipher to a woman of substance, without getting bitter about her past, which she begins to understand at the new farm, called The Mulberry Tree. The whole setting of the novel exudes mystery and has a haunting quality to it. The book stayed with me for several days after I'd read it. Don't read it mistaking it for a romance but do read it because it's worth the journey.

4.0 out of 5 stars surprises keep coming, 19 May 2013
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Kindle Edition)
i really enjoyed this book as jude deveraux kept the surprises coming, they weren't outrageous just unexpected from both sides of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 18 May 2013
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Paperback)
Enjoyed this book very much love the way this author writes a book and makes you feel as if you are actually in the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Jude Deveraux does it again!, 28 April 2013
Susan I. Oliver "Susan I. Oliver" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Kindle Edition)
I have always enjoyed reading Jude Deveraux's books and this one doesn't disappoint. It's a little bit mystery combined with romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mulberry Tree, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline which kept me gripped throughout. Another success for Jude Deveraux and I think it would make an excellent film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting...., 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Mulberry Tree (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book, with it's twists and turns! If you liked Wishes then, I would recommend this book. This is an easy reading mystery saga, the story line was good and had me speculating till the end. Although, it ended I would have liked a bit more or a another book to have continued the story...so I will look now! Have fun!

Mulberry Tree
Mulberry Tree by Jude Deveraux (Hardcover - 15 July 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01