Format: PaperbackChange

on 8 January 2013
This is a real, provocative contribution. A call to our true selves, rather than the suits we wear. Resonates strongly with a quote I like from Gallwey's "Inner Game":

“When we plant a rose seed in the earth, we notice that it is small, but we do not criticize it as "rootless and stemless." We treat it as a seed, giving it the water and nourishment required of a seed. When it first shoots up out of the earth, we don't condemn it as immature and underdeveloped; nor do we criticize the buds for not being open when they appear. We stand in wonder at the process taking place and give the plant the care it needs at each stage of its development. The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change; yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly all right as it is.”
― W. Timothy Gallwey, The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
on 22 April 2014
An ex-colleague and now collaborator of mine recommended this book to me when both he and I left the University of Law. For the last 6 months and, I expect, for the rest of my life, it has and will proved to be an inspiration. In the post-Industrial Age in which we live, this book is revealing to those who don't recognise the change, encouraging to those who do and, more to the point, a starting point to our children.

Next on the list will be Seth Godin's 'Tribes' about which I have heard great reports.
on 6 July 2013
I'm interested in this type of books and had heard of Seth Godin before. Good book and easy writing/reading. Somewhat repetitive at times. I got the feeling different names were given to the same things. Not necessarily bad, in fact an easy way to put things into perspective to then work and improve them.
I would recommend this book to anyone with an open mind and wanting to evolve in life but bearing in mind the work comes from the reader not the writer.
on 10 July 2013
Seth Godin once again proves he's on the money as to where society and culture is headed. The way he paints for all to see the opportunities and permission we now have in the connection economy, to create without waiting to be picked is highly motivational to say the least.

A very good read. I'd say a must read for any artist, creative and anyone who thinks they aren't either of those. Because you are! Read it and get creating.
on 29 August 2013
Such a well timed read as I'm now an artist getting over previous conditioning of 'turning up, taking the money and looking forward to the next holiday'. Now it's all a holiday, albeit scary at times! Moving out of the rat race or want to make a difference where you work then this book is for you & I rarely write an amazon review. That last bit rhymed!
on 13 June 2013
Seth Godin never seizes to amaze me with his powerful insights. This book has directly impacted my life n business by reminding me "don't think, just do it".....because most of the time the thinking mind is our worst enemy. It stops you from shipping your work. So just buy this book....don't think, just do it. Enjoy.
on 5 May 2014
A revelatory book that is very inspiring for those who are either stuck in the cogs of industry needing to break away or are lacking in self belief but know that a part of them has a chance to express themselves and their art. This is a must read for everyone. It certainly belongs in schools as a staple read.
on 23 May 2013
This is typical Seth Godin. I have been reading most of what he writes in the past years so I could not miss this one. It did not disappoint, it is always inspirational, although some of the themes of the book mgiht already be familiar to people that have read some of his other books.
on 11 March 2013
This book truly is art and is incredibly inspiring. I have the audio version and go back and listen to it when I need to reignite my passion a bit. It truly hits the nail on the head-the industrial age is over. Trust me, I'm from Detroit and I've watched it come to an end.
on 4 May 2014
Seth. Well done again. Your honest analysis inspires people. You put the WOW into business, and prove that quality, innovation, and uniqueness are needed today more than ever.

Darren Kelly