5.0 out of 5 stars Art Isn't A Result. It's A Journey.
I was part of Seth's Kickstarter so I bought this early, and reading is has totally fired me up to commit to creating and sharing my own art.

There were many parts of the book that resonated with me, but in combination with Steven Pressfield's Turning Pro, the message is really to pick yourself, and persist at the practice of creation.
"Creating art is a...
Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by J.F.Penn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great
I dont want to bag this book, not that the author would take note ;-), but it feels like a prolonged blog post that was dragged out to justify it being a book.

It is an easy read and the author does write well. The general stance is that we should move away from the industrialist view of working for the man and start to contribute art. Any art. And for the sake...
Published 12 months ago by L Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality - a well timed read!, 29 Aug. 2013
J. W. Wheat - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
Such a well timed read as I'm now an artist getting over previous conditioning of 'turning up, taking the money and looking forward to the next holiday'. Now it's all a holiday, albeit scary at times! Moving out of the rat race or want to make a difference where you work then this book is for you & I rarely write an amazon review. That last bit rhymed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenges your status quo., 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read from Seth Godin, albeit I did come across some early audio a few years ago which I valued. A bitty book but the reason I have given 4* is because the book does make you stop and think about what could be rather than what is. It also gives us a useful poke in the ribs to stand out, accept that some people will love what we do and some just wont - and to be okay with that.

In a world that wants conformity the book reminds us that is not what creates advances. Unusually I found that I read only a few pages at a time because it made me think, reflect, reconsider. Be warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars A giant kick up the backside!, 25 Aug. 2013
If you are a frustrated artist/ writer/ maker then read this book. Really. Do!

(The tyranny of the word minimum)

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
Loved the style of the book and as a trainer was grateful for all of the information provided.

A huge attempt to get others to wake up and think about the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome encouragement to stop thinking and create, 10 July 2013
Seth Godin once again proves he's on the money as to where society and culture is headed. The way he paints for all to see the opportunities and permission we now have in the connection economy, to create without waiting to be picked is highly motivational to say the least.

A very good read. I'd say a must read for any artist, creative and anyone who thinks they aren't either of those. Because you are! Read it and get creating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate buy this book., 7 July 2013
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
If you are looking at this book review you probably know Seth's work,just buy this one. I prefer audio, but I also have kindle.

Eric.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 6 July 2013
I'm interested in this type of books and had heard of Seth Godin before. Good book and easy writing/reading. Somewhat repetitive at times. I got the feeling different names were given to the same things. Not necessarily bad, in fact an easy way to put things into perspective to then work and improve them.
I would recommend this book to anyone with an open mind and wanting to evolve in life but bearing in mind the work comes from the reader not the writer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition, 5 July 2013
Great book , good read lot of sense here. Puts things into perspective for the modern day businesses.
Makes you think abouit what is happening in todays modern world follow the Industrial revolution and the demise of the 'safe' J.O.B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just do it, 4 July 2013
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
Seth challenges us to make most of our talents,time. Here he is like our conscience, harassing,pushing us to do something.
Very good read.i like the way the book is broken into little chapters. I recommend this for all forward thinking folks

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Seth Godin masterpiece, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (Paperback)
I like Seth Godin s work and this ranks among his best work so far. Buy it , read it, you wont regret it.

The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly?
The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? by Seth Godin (Paperback - 31 Dec. 2012)