5.0 out of 5 stars Bella cucina Italiana!, 20 Nov 2012
Book Addict (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The ASK Italian Cookbook: Easy to prepare recipes from the ASK Italian kitchens (Paperback)
The cookbook from the restaurant chain ASK contains over 100 recipes and is a mixture of completely original recipes plus some of the old-time ASK favourites (Penne Al Polla Della Casa being out favourite!) but this book is being published in conjunction with Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity in order to raise much needed funds for the hospital. I love cooking Italian food and I think it's possible that I may want to try nearly every recipe in this book. The book is split into sections that include Antipasti: Starters, Primi: Pasta, Primi: Risotto Farro and Potatoes, Pizza, Secondi: Fish and Meat, Contorni: Salads and Vegetables, Dolci: Desserts, Sauces and Basics. There are also useful sections that help you pair wine with food and give you hints and tips about making fresh pasta and ravioli. The recipes are clear and concise - very easy to follow and none of them are particularly daunting or require you to shop for a massive list of ingredients. The book itself is fantastic quality and a fab design. I love the feel of the matt pages and the photography inside is great - every recipe has an image which I like to see in a cookery book! I feel like this book is something I will use a lot over the years and I can't wait to get trying some of the recipes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Italian cookbook i've ever bought, 9 April 2014
I have bought many Italian cook books but this is the best , I have a brick outdoor pizza oven and following their recipes I've re created what must be the best pizza i've ever tasted , thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A present for a friend, 6 Jan 2014
Andy E (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I brought it as a leaving present for a woman I worked with (wanted to cook dishes for her Italian husband). So I haven't used it myself, but she liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Dec 2013
Just what you would expect from a nationwide chain if restaurants. The recipes are very much the same as the restaurant dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Italian at its best, 25 Nov 2013
I love the casual laid back attitude at ASK Italian so I was delighted to get their cookbook. All my favourites, clear instructions, all very weasy to do! A winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you Like ASK....., 22 Oct 2013
I enjoy eating at ASK and bought a copy of the book, when I told a friend, she wanted one too! Lovely,easy Italian food,yum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic italian cookbook!, 8 Sep 2013
Excellent cookbook. Great ideas for all courses. Loved the italian meatball pasta, so easy to make. Highly recommend. If you have eaten at Ask, then buy tnis book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 25 Mar 2013
I bought this after seeing it in ASK when I last went. It's got a variety of recipes - something for everyone and a great range of different meals not just pasta and pizza. I made the carbonara to start with which was really tasty and easy to cook as well. I plan to do a pizza soon because they are so good in the restaurant!

There are quite a few from the restaurant like tiramisu and salads as well as other recipes that they don't serve.

It's definitely good value for money and some goes to charity as well.

Only reason I didn't score it 5 is some of the recipes look a bit time consuming but i'm sure once they have been tried it will be easy and quicker to cook them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask cook book, 31 Dec 2012
Not used it yet, but has the receipes that I like so I will be v.pleased to get on and make them. Just rec'd as Christmas present.

ARRAY(0xa99e1bdc)