5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, heart-warming book, 16 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Love Walked in (Paperback)
I picked up this book without any great hopes: I was in need of easy escapism and anticipated nothing more than a lightweight chick read. What I got was a novel which started off unassumingly but gradually metamorphosed into a sensitive and capivating story, lyrically written, and full of warmth and intelligence. This is a story about love in all its forms, played out by the kind of characters that it would enrich one's life to know.
The author has avoided most of the cliches that I would normally be bracing myself for in a book of this type, and the plot is far from as predictable as the blurb might lead you to expect. There are a couple of minor flaws - for example the narrator never actually seems to speak to her sister, and I thought some of the key relationships were introduced rather hastily (Teo, Mrs Goldberg). However it is relatively easy to overlook these in light of the overall loveliness of the story. It wraps its arms around you early on, and you remain in its warm embrace long after the final page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Love Walked In (Paperback)
I adored this book. It drew me in. The characters were compelling and stayed with me after I had finished the book. A delight

Love Walked In
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos (Hardcover - 6 April 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01