5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!
This book is an absolute must for every child.....and parent for that matter.

Published on 1 Dec 2006 by Mr. M. M. Mcdonnell

1.0 out of 5 stars Story incomplete
Warning: Don't buy this board book version of this wonderful Hairy Maclary rhyming story - it is incomplete so the rhyme finishes in mid air. There are two lines (and two illustrations) missing at the end. The hard back collection of Hairy Mclary stories is a good buy or Waterstones do an exclusive three story collection for 7.99.
Published on 21 Nov 2011 by JJB

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 1 Dec 2006
This review is from: Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy (Hairy Maclary and Friends) (Board book)
This book is an absolute must for every child.....and parent for that matter.

I first read Hairy Maclary to my little brother over 15 years ago and have been given it as a gift for my 1 year old. She thinks that it is fab and loves Scarface Claw - The toughest Tom in Town. The rythmn of the book is great and I have to agree with everyone else who says that it is perfect for bedtime.

1.0 out of 5 stars Story incomplete, 21 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful building story, with rhymes and silly dogs..., 16 Feb 2003
Kathleen Cobcroft (Australia) - See all my reviews
Lynley Dodd is a writer/illustrator from New Zealand who has been publishing for some time, but her Hairy Maclary books have had the most success. "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy" is a dear little black dog who gets into all sorts of trouble. In this story he goes out for a walk and meets up with lots of other dogs (as he meets each one, their name is added to the list: Schnitzel von Crumb - with a very low tum, Bottomly Potts - all covered in spots, ... with Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy) Finally (to their horror) they all come across Scarface Claw: the roughest, toughest tomcat in town.
It's a lot of fun, and any parent or children's librarian will soon have the whole thing memorised from constant reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the story but didn't know this was pocket sized!!!!, 11 Dec 2010
My children and I love Hairy Maclary books, in fact I think we have them all, so I decided to buy this for someone as a present. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain in the description that this is a pocket sized book. Admittedly, if you look at the book dimensions further down you'll see it's very small, but I've never thought of looking at this when buying a book online (I will now!). For the cost of the book it's not worth the hassle of returning. The story is fabulous though, shame the book is too small to appreciate the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 15 July 2006
A. Matthews (Wakefield, England) - See all my reviews
I started reading Hairy Maclary to my son when he was 6 months old. He is now 3 and it is still a firm favourite - a great achievement I think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rhyming book for kids, 26 Aug 1999
By A Customer
My 5 year old loved this book and within a few days could almost recite it from cover to cover as we read it so much. Then my 2 year old started saying some of the rhyming words as well - lovely book for kids. I have now got to go and by the others in the series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the characters, 19 Sep 2013
Quite bulky due to the 'woof'ing part at the back of the book, but a nice story from Linley Dodd with funny characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairy Maclary is confronted by the dreaded 'Scarface Claw'., 8 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Our 18 month daughter has loved this book since she was 6 months old! Hairy Maclary collects all of his dog friends together on his travels, only to be scared witless at the end by the dreaded cat 'Scarface Claw'. It always raises a smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Hairy Maclary" - A Parent's Best Friend, 31 Mar 2001
By A Customer
Joy of joys my 3 year old son is such a fan of "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy" that he knows it off by heart and can read it to me at his bedtime. A delight for an exhausted parent who never tires of the adventures of a colourful cast of characters, a well written story and lovely illustrations. I am looking forward to reading more about Hairy Maclary and his pals. Oh, and so is my son!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures when Hairy Maclary & friends go for a walk, 6 Sep 2001
My brother loved this book as a child... my daughter (9 months) more than 15 years later also loves it. Find out what Hairy Maclary and his doggy friends (including "Muffin Maclay like a bundle of hay"!) do when they encounter "Scarface Claw the toughest tom in town". Great for cat lovers, those who like rhyme and rhythm, and particularly fun for reading aloud. Enjoy!

Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
4.79