5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 May 2004
By A Customer
Wanting another vegetarian type cook book, I happened upon a couple of recipes from this book in a newspaper. Words cannot describe how brilliant this book is, recipes for everyone not just vegetarians. Each recipe comes with at least 2 variations so you don't have a book of 130 recipes but at least triple that. It is the best recipes book that I have purchased in the last 5 years or so, everything is easy to understand and every single recipe full of wonderful nutrition, you cannot help but be healthy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy can be tasty too!, 25 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This book has changed the way I think about healthy food.
I received it as a gift and tried the soup that features on the cover - as I did not have fresh peas, I used the frozen variety (as suggested) and the result was amazing! Everyone loved it and couldn't believe it only took 20 minutes to make! I have since made most of the soups and the chocolate mousse cake (although I omitted the base and just made the mousse which I served in small dishes) - again delicious. Best of all is the "ice-cream" made with cashew milk - we made enough for 6 and ate it between two! If I'd eaten that much usual ice cream, Id' be ill!
No wonder this book was awarded BEST HEALTH & NUTRITION COOKBOOK IN THE WORLD. I just can't believe that the publishers may not reprint this - are they CRAZY?!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even my meat loving husband has no complaints!, 6 Jun 2008
This review is from: Recipes to Nurture (Paperback)
I am so shocked that this book isn't for sale everywhere.
Recently I decided that I needed to healthy our families diet up. I decided that we were going to eat less meat and more whole foods. I have two little preschoolers and a meat loving husband. I also have to feed my sisters six children three times a week (ranging from 6 - 18yrs) so I was a bit nervous about attempting to lead a vegetarian lifestyle. I was also worried that the children would get enough nutrition. I knew that if my husband and sisters teenage children knew I was leading them down a road of vegitarianism there would be anarchy!! I started looking around for books that would give me good, wholesome recipes, but also meals that my family would not even question when it was placed before them.
I realised after looking around that I already had this book on my shelf. I'd not really looked at it before, and with joy I realised that this book was just what I needed.
I did have to spend a bit of money initially to get the basics in, like tamari, and umboshi etc. I still haven't found everything, but realised that Sainsburys have a lot of the items.

Oh boy, every recipe that I have tried so far has been fantastic. I love the way she gives alternatives and serving suggestions. I hate nut loaf, but her lentil loaf was absolutely delicious! I wasn't very successful with the carrot cake, but that was probably me, since I've never been any good with cakes. Josh's pasta and prawns was fantastic with noodles and a success with all the children (even asked if there was seconds!!). Well recommended. Such a shame this book is no longer in print. I came on here to see if she had written any other recipe books. Gutted that they are clearly hard to get hold of now.
If you can find this book BUY IT!! It's the best and most used book on my shelf! Genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 21 Feb 2013
Everything I have made from this book is delicious. The alternative suggestions for substituting ingredients you may not have to hand is very helpful too. I hope she writes more books.

Recipes to Nurture
Recipes to Nurture by Aine McAteer (Paperback - 31 May 2003)
Used & New from: £52.93