5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have
Published on 30 Jun. 2008 by D. Hadley

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good poems, but quite difficult for children to read and understand by themselves.
Published 26 days ago by first choice

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, 30 Jun. 2008
D. Hadley (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Hundred Best Poems for Children (Hardcover)
We all love this book in our family. It has a really well judged mix of funny and more serious poems, long and short and for a wide range of ages. Our children are 4 and 6 and we've been reading from it for the last couple of years (at least) and I can imagine they will still be reading from it themselves for quite a few years to come. I would say up to age 11, so it's good value for money. I'm about to buy it as a leaving present for my son's nursery. Poetry rarely seems to be read to the children there, so I hope it will inspire them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for childeren, 10 Oct. 2010
This review is from: A Hundred Best Poems for Children (Hardcover)
Having wanted to find a poem book for my niece, age 10, I researched the reviews on the possible books.
Saw excellent reviews for this one and can truly say I was not disappointed and neither is my niece who now reads a poem every day at school.
The poems range from Macavity, the Highwayman, Lady of Shallot, Owl and Pussycat to Matilda, Excuses excuses and Homework Homework
A truly excellent choice

5.0 out of 5 stars nice poetry, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: A Hundred Best Poems for Children (Hardcover)
This book is full of what the title promises in a children's poetry book, full of poetry of high quality and exiting to read for children.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Mar. 2015

A Hundred Best Poems for Children
A Hundred Best Poems for Children by Roger McGough (Hardcover - 4 Oct. 2001)
Used & New from: £3.93