5.0 out of 5 stars Would Make A Lovely Gift!
This book has a lovely simple rhyming rhythm thats easy for children to follow.

With beautiful framed pictures and pages its a lovely book to read and share with your child, exploring both pictures and text... Perfect as a gift for any expectant parents!

The board backed pages are perfect for eager children and babies and allows them to love this...
Published on 29 Aug 2006 by L.A.W

2.0 out of 5 stars amazing book let down by presentation
As all the other reviews say, this is an out and out classic children's book - a must have.
This copy, however, is dreadful. The paper is thin and overly glossy, making it difficult to get to the next page and it could do with being bigger as it's really all about the pictures. I bought where the wild things are at the same time and that is amazingly presented,...
Published on 26 Jan 2008 by A. O'Carroll

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, small copy, 13 July 2013
Too small to share with a chid. Very poor don't buy for bed time story. Get the paper copy which is lovely.

2.0 out of 5 stars WATCH OUT its "pocket size", 23 Aug 2012
Like so many others in the reviews I didn't realise it was pocket sized. I knew I wanted to buy it because its a classic but I wanted the normal sized paperback. I just clicked on it and added it to basket with other stuff. It's tiny! Not the best for an "eye spy" book. I only looked at reviews after (there was no need before as I knew the book) and have seen I'm not the only one who didn't realise. I'll save this for when he's old enough to read books by himself and maybe use it for travelling entertainment. Its not going to be a book we'll easily cuddle up with and share together like i'd hoped for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent, 16 July 2006
Mrs. Nicola L. Ott "Nicky Ott" (Malawi, Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Each Peach Pear Plum (Viking Kestrel Picture Books) (Board book)
My daughter who is now 2 loved Peepo! by the same authors when she was 1 and now at 2 loves Each Peach Pear Plum. In fact, these continue to be her favourite books and though I introduce other titles she still goes back to these again and again. What's great is their simplicity, the beautiful, slightly old-fashioned illustrations and the rhyming story which my daughter finds she can repeat. In a country where we have limited access to books these really were a find. My only additional recommendation would be to buy the hardbacks - they last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this as a child, 13 Sep 2006
S. Greaves (UK) - See all my reviews
I read this book when I was in nursery school and 20 years on I still love it, this is one that my children will read. The rhyme is simple yet effective, the pictures are beautiful to look at and enjoyable as you follow the story and find the characters. A must have in every family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and gentle, 3 Aug 2008
BabyMarvel (South East England) - See all my reviews
Such a lovely board book and in my opinion it's perfect for babies and toddlers of any age really.
It's especially good for reading before a daytime nap (or any winding down time) as the beautiful rhymes and gentle illustrations can be quite soothing.
My 2 year old daughter loves it and I highly recommend it.
Buy it and you'll soon see...it will come out from the bookshelf time and time again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too tiny to use, 10 Jan 2014
GK (Bath, uk) - See all my reviews
Ordered what I thought was a full sized copy of this children's classic but what arrived was tiny and not at all suitable, hopefully I will be able to return for a full refund as there is no indication of size in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 4 Jan 2014
Bought this for our granddaughter - it was a book our daughter-in-law loved so it is nice to carry on a tradition of an old book. Arrived well packaged and in plenty of time - would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 29 Nov 2013
S Greenwell "Sharon Greenwell" (Shropshire England) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my children, now buying if for grandchildren. This is a brilliant book beautifully illustrated, it's a must.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 7 Oct 2013
This is such a lovely book; and I had missed the point that was a 'pocket size' version.
Far too small for the children to see the wonderful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 23 Jun 2013
Classic book, and it looks lovely as a board book. The lovely pictures are great for little ones finding the characters, and the rhyme is fun too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

Each Peach Pear Plum (Viking Kestrel Picture Books)
Each Peach Pear Plum (Viking Kestrel Picture Books) by Allan Ahlberg (Board book - 27 May 1999)
5.59