5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect nursery rhyme and children's story book, 7 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
There's lots of 'mother goose' compilations around, but this one's wonderful. Beautifully bound and printed, a good selection of short stories by famous children's authors and the best known nursery rhymes.
This book will surely become a treasured book to keep throughout their lives.
Also good for parents who don't remember the rhymes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for - a lovely book for young children, 7 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
Having searched in vain for a book mixing traditional and current children's stories it was wonderful to find this book. It appeals to the very young who are enjoying having stories read to them, and to the ones who want to, and learn to, read early on, and here I am talking about 3 and 4 year olds. This is a lovely book for parents and grandparents too, who can relate to the traditional stories and they certainly do enjoy reading them to the young. So many of today's books are badly written, with changes of emphasis on story line, and as for the illustrations I think a lot are an insult to a child's intelligence. This book has been badly needed for some considerable time now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect, 29 Nov. 2008
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
This is about as perfect a book as you can find for a two year old. As a quick example, my son has a couple of books of his favourite song The Wheels On The Bus, and each of them cost a pretty penny - and his favourite version is the one in here. I wish we'd started his library with this, we'd have saved a fortune!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome addition to my library, 5 May 2010
C. Gilchrist (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 10 month old daugther, as I think its important to read her stories and I was getting a bit bored with 'the very hungry catepillar' (a great book, but a bit repetitive after the 57th outing!).

I'm really pleased with my purchase. It has a good variety of stories of differing lengths, so hopefully it will grow with her as she gets bigger. The pages are colourful with lots of pictures designed to appeal to children. There are also numerous rhymes throughout the book.

I agree with the comments about this making a great gift - I have a friend who is pregnant and will get her a copy so she can enjoy this with her baby.

Overall, a really good purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Lovely, 30 April 2011
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
I was given this as a present and liked it so much I now like to send as a first baby prezzie myself! Just super, wont be grown out of like clothing and can be kept in keepsake boxes.

Top purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing baby & toddler friendly book, 2 Mar. 2010
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
We have been reading this book to my toddler since he was 3 months old and now he won't go to bed without it. He loves the rhymes and the stories and we often have to make up a tune for rhymes as we haven't heard it before! A really good collection of classic songs and stories. We like it that much that we have just bought a new copy as the old one is a little worn around the edges. Whenever a friend or family member brings a new life into the world I always make sure I buy this as a gift.
What can I say - it's birlliant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must for every child, 1 July 2009
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
This book is a lovely mixture of traditional and modern rhymes, songs, stories etc. It is beautifully presented and the illustrations are colourful and imaginative. I now know what I will be buying all young members of family and friends in future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 8 April 2013
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
great book full of all the old nursery rhymes you know and couldnt remember ,.Fun little stories for your little one that they will probably love for a few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, toddler favourite, 23 May 2015
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
This is one of my son's favourite books and he likes me to sing to him from it every night at bedtime. He's not quite old enough to follow the stories yet but I'm looking forward to sharing those with him too - Spot, Tom Kitten, the Snowman, Shirley Hughes et al. In fact I'm going to buy a replacement copy because he loves it so much, the hardback cover has actually separated from the pages due to him trying to carry it about when he was still too small to pick it up! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book!, 13 Nov. 2013
R. D. (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury (Hardcover)
this book is great! we often read it at bedtime and our little girl has loved it since she was just a few months old.
its a keeper!

The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury
The Puffin Baby and Toddler Treasury by Various (Hardcover - 30 Oct. 2008)