5.0 out of 5 stars excellent - one of the best cookery books ever
Published on 30 July 2000 by kath@kwarbrick.fsnet.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars not really any pictures of dishes
i am someone who likes to see pictures of the dishes i am making so was very disappointed with the lack of pictures at least when you look at recipes online there are usually pictures but i much prefer cooking with books.
Published 11 months ago by Mrs Sarah J west

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent - one of the best cookery books ever, 30 July 2000
After hunting around for nearly two years, I managed to find a copy of Delia's Summer Collection - in the end, I finished up ordering two copies (one for a friend who had also been on the look-out for the book). I can honestly say that it's one of the best cookery books I have ever owned - especially the section on vegetables. I have tried so many of her recipes and haven't had a failure yet. Carry on cooking, Delia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, 16 Aug 2009
S. Nicol (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have several Delia books including this one. I find all her recipes to be extremely well described and they always come out right, unlike numerous celebrity chefs I could mention. I accept that she comes over a bit schoolmarmish but this lends gravitas to her writing. I don't think Delia can be beaten. This book in particular has lovely summery recipes, using easily obtainable, british ingredients and each recipe is a pleasure to recreate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer cooking, 12 Aug 2007
KB (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
I've just gone back through this cookbook as what put me off to start with is the lack of pictures for every dish, however in recent weeks I've made several of the recipes - the roasted goats cheese vegetable couscous is a real hit and the leg of lamb wih rosemary is a stunning summer dish. This is a great cookbook for summer - and fairly health conscious too - I hadn't realised Delia is a weight watcher!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes and illustration. Very English instructions!, 25 Mar 2000
By A Customer
Great recipes and illustrations. The book is indeed "summery" and fun, reminding me of childhood summers in England. My only complaint is the cumbersome instructions, presented in a such a "pleasing" fashion and very understated, in a truly English way. I will love Delia even more when she starts to use bullet points--I need to be able to find my place quickly when something is boiling over!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delia strikes again, 10 Mar 2010
Lovely glossy pictures and easy to read instructions for tasty meals. A bit disappointed the book was not the hardback edition but the price was right and the recipes are all the same as the harddback. Have added it to the bookshelf with all the other Delia books and will look forward to using it in the Summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer food for enthusiasts of travel., 4 Oct 1999
E. Chittenden "emchi" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When I look through Delia Smiths Summer Collection I think of all the places I want to go but haven't been. I love food especially good food and this book made my taste buds run riot in my mouth. Not only is it easy to follow but there are plenty of recipes that you can adapt to suit your own tastes. A lot of my friends complain saying that the recipes that Delia creates are based around meat and are generally not in keeping with what most people would consider eating. With this cook book I found that not to be true, the Vegetarian Summer get's my vote anyday for sheer creativity and breaking with the normal vegetarian ethos. I would say the only down side is that there aren't enough pictures of the finished product. I always like to compare the finished product to what I have cook. It's always nice to look at something before you cook it, to get an idea of what it should look like. There were also a few ingredients that are nigh on impossible to find in everyday supermarkets. Everything aside I would make this the one cookbook everyone should buy for their kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delias Summer Collection, 8 Mar 2010
Up to Delia's usual standard very clear and precise recipes, easy to follow. Most user friendly recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Delia., 2 April 2014
Love this book and it's cover. I particularly like the small details added to recipes which are very helpful and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia, 25 Feb 2014
Book is brilliant as are all Delia's books, easy to follow récipes, delivered very quickly in excelente condition, brilliant book.

2.0 out of 5 stars not really any pictures of dishes, 15 Nov 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

GD: Delia Smith
GD: Delia Smith by Delia Smith (Hardcover - May 1995)
Used & New from: £0.36