5.0 out of 5 stars My all time childrens favourite.
I remember reading this book as a child over and over again. A most delightful book and I feel it a must for all young readers. Madeline's antics made me giggle and I have bought it for my grandchildren. I hope that they, and all the other young readers of this book, get the same enjoyment that I did all those years ago.
Published on 4 April 2001 by christineclarke@lineone.net

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring
I am surprised that this was so well reviewed! It was a bit boring. I think I will be wrapping it up as a present for the next birthday party
Published 6 months ago by A.M

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time childrens favourite., 4 April 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic rhyming book with sumptuous illustrations of Paris, 17 Nov 2000
By A Customer
"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived 12 little girls in two straight lines" starts this classic rhyming book with sumptuous drawings of Paris. The story of Madeline, a little orphan girl who gets into the most hair-raising scrapes (always in rhyme) is a delight to read to children and one which they soon be reciting back to you. This is the one where she has her appendix out, and it will surely lead you to the rest of these classic childrens books, each beautifully illustrated by the author. My kids have read them since they were 3 and still return to them now they are 6 & 8, often reciting the final page... "and she turned out the light, and closed the door, and that's all there is, there isn't any more."

5.0 out of 5 stars Madeline - naughty but nice, 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Madeline (Paperback)
My daughter (and son) loved Madeline. We have several of the books from the series and they are well thumbed and loved from constant bedtime reading. I could probably recite Madeline by heart! Madeline can be naughty and mischievous and brave and kind .... probably most suitable for children ages 3 - 7 years. Alas, my children are entering their teens but we have kept the books as they are too precious to part with. I am now buying them for my nieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting book for girls, 18 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Our daughter 4th birthday present from a friend of mine who grew up on Madeline too. Now our girl is already 8 years old and still reads Madeline. And she learns how to write her own poems following Ludwig's example. After 4 years, it is still her favourite book by her bedside.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read-out-aloud-just-before-bed-book, 20 Dec 1998
By A Customer
It took my two year old daughter, Daisy, about three readings before she fell in love with Madeline, now she asks for her every day.
A lovely story that Daisy remembers and reads lines out from, beautifully illustrated.
The occasionally tortuous rhyming (ie Dr Cohn and 'phone) means that mum and dad have to pay attention as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, classic book but didn't do the trick for my 3 year old., 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Madeline (Paperback)
I like this book but I'm giving it 4 stars because, as I state in the title, my son hasn't found it at all interesting and hasn't once asked me to read it. However, this has more to do with my boy rather than the book, as he is more keen on stories that involve dinosaurs, monsters, pirates and trucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Madeline, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Madeline (Paperback)
Classic children's story book which my daughter loved as a child and I bought this for her daughter who in turn also loves it.Arrived promptly and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, wonderful characters, great drawings, 1 Oct 1998
By A Customer
What else can be said about Ludwig Bemelmans wonderful Madeline books? Madeline is a fantastic story which my three children (and myself) have enjoyed for years. A lovely story set in the most beautiful city with neat characters. It is a joy that every house should have a copy of.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fearless, funfilled adventure!, 2 July 1998
By A Customer
This is my favorite book of all time. I am ten years old and I still love Madeline! Miss Clavell teaches Madeline that she can do anything that she makes up her mind to do. I think every kid would love Madeline!

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favorite, 21 Sep 1998
By A Customer
I loved this book when I was growing up, now I'm 30 years old and I still remember my mother reading it to me. I don't have any children, but will buy this book for my neice. It brings back special memories.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Madeline
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans (Hardcover - Sep 1958)
Used & New from: 0.37